Food for Candy

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Food for Candy

Postby Gal » 08 Feb 2013, 20:10

meriad wrote:Gal, personally I don't see why you couldn't start feeding Smudge on Butchers.

Got some today. I mixed a bit of it with his usual Felix pouch - he didn't know how quickly to finish it!! :lol: It's on offer at Tescos atm for £2.50 for six tins :) I only got one pack in case it didn't go down well.....looks like I'll be getting more :D
Gal

Postby Kaz » 08 Feb 2013, 20:16

:lol: Aw! :D
Kaz

Postby shazsha » 08 Feb 2013, 20:27

Lol, well done Smudge-you're a big boy now!! It looks like Butchers share values will be going through the roof solely based on profits from VV cat owners!!

My dog won't eat dog food. I used to buy it and put it down for her and she'd leave it and go and steal the cat food. I changed her wet food to what the cats were eating aong with her bakers complete.
Since Monday I have bought 18 tins of butcher's classics and they're all finished. Tonight I had to buy a couple of tins of whiskas until I get to the supermarket tomorrow morning.
shazsha

Postby Gal » 08 Feb 2013, 22:25

shazsha wrote:Lol, well done Smudge-you're a big boy now!! It looks like Butchers share values will be going through the roof solely based on profits from VV cat owners!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gal

Postby Gal » 10 Feb 2013, 23:18

Hmmm....two days of mixing it and he has a nasty dose of the trots :|

I'm not sure whether it's solely the meat or the fact I have mixed adult Whiskas biscuits into his kitten ones as well.....maybe too much change at once? I am starving him overnight and see what tomorrow brings :(
Gal

Postby meriad » 11 Feb 2013, 13:23

Gal, do just one at a time - the butchers has a higher meat content so his tummy may need to adjust to that.

And on a different note - if I may ask - are you able to change his dry food? Whiskas - same as GoCat (sorry Shell) - isn't the best at all and has a lot of fillers that just aren't natural for cats. Something like Purina or Royal Canin, or pet shop own brand dry foods are vast amounts better and healthier.

Sorry!
meriad

Postby meriad » 11 Feb 2013, 13:28

Gal, do just one at a time - the butchers has a higher meat content so his tummy may need to adjust to that.

And on a different note - if I may ask - are you able to change his dry food? Whiskas - same as GoCat (sorry Shell) - isn't the best at all and has a lot of fillers that just aren't natural for cats. Something like Purina or Royal Canin, or pet shop own brand dry foods are vast amounts better and healthier.

Sorry!
meriad

Postby Gal » 11 Feb 2013, 14:33

meriad wrote:Gal, do just one at a time - the butchers has a higher meat content so his tummy may need to adjust to that.

And on a different note - if I may ask - are you able to change his dry food?

Tried him on IAMS but he wouldn't touch it, also tried others but he leaves them, he eats Whiskers ;) I'll leave him off the biscuits for a bit and be sparing with his food until it clears up.
Gal

Postby miasmum » 11 Feb 2013, 21:48

Gal you need to stick him out over the dried food. My two loved the Go Cat and to be honest Mia has hardly eaten dried food since. But both Whiskas and Go Cat are what Simon calls McDonalds for cats so of course he doesn't want to eat plainer, more filling dried food, he wants his added flavours and his fillers and his rubbish. Please try and swap him to a good quality dried food.
miasmum

Postby Gal » 11 Feb 2013, 22:00

Thanks MM but he does only get a little bit, his main meals are (atm) pouches, he only has half a little cup of Whiskas a day, or at least he did.

He's still not right so I have only given him half a pouch tonight - he is his normal happy little self but Jen had 'something' to clean up in the conservatory this morning, not 100% sure if it was poo or sick. I am pretty certain it is the adult Whiskas biscuits causing it, as he was fine after the Butchers/pouch mixes for the past few days.

Mopsy (cat we had before Tinker) lived purely on IAMs, no meat, was never ill a day of his life, he went out one day and never came home - he was 13. Tinker had a mix of tinned cat food and Whiskas - he was fine (apart from his brush with death aged 8 months, which he completely recovered from) until his RTA last year. My vet was happy for him to eat what he wanted, pretty much, LOL.

I am still experimenting with Smudge atm....we'll get there ;)
Gal

Previous

Return to Pets