Millie, Minnie and Candy

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Millie, Minnie and Candy

Postby debih » 30 Jan 2013, 23:10

Oh poor Minnie - I do hope she is feeling better in the morning.

Today has been a mixed day for Millie. She has regurgitated twice - she is obviously ravenously hungry today and has bolted her food down, even though we took the bowl away to try to let it go down inbetween. But up it all came.

But she is really, really lively and has been playing with the girls when they got home from school. She was really playful on her three walks (afternoon, tea time, evening) chasing sticks and rabbits and barking for me to hurry up. She doesn't like the morning walks at the moment though - I think she would much prefer to be in bed. Back for another dilation on Friday.

Hoping that all is okay with Candy.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Diflower » 30 Jan 2013, 23:31

Debih when we're unsure about Minnie we measure out what she should have, but only give her a little bit, wait till she's eaten it, then a bit more...
Diflower

Postby debih » 30 Jan 2013, 23:39

We have become much more relaxed about feeding her. We were desperately trying to get 1.5 to 2 tins of food down her a day (the amount recommended for her weight) which when feeding one dessert spoonful at a time is rather hard going. The poor thing would just get settled down to fall asleep and I would be shouting her for more food. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Now we are feeding more on demand - when she comes into the kitchen looking for food we will feed her.

She gets two dessert spoons of tinned food mixed with water so it is about the consistency of porridge. Every now and again she gets yoghurt mixed in with it as well.

Sometimes she eats it nice and sedately and sometimes she gulps it down as though she hasn't eaten for weeks. We are still hand feeding her so we hold the bowl at head height whilst she eats so are able to take it away from her if she is eating too fast. Then we need to hold her in a sitting position with her head up to let it go down but if she has managed to gulp it down to fast it doesn't get chance to go down inbetween gulps and all gathers in a bottleneck, waiting to go down. That's when she regurgitates.

Yesterday was brilliant - she ate quite sedately and everything stayed down. Today she has tried to eat every meal like a maniac. :roll: :roll: :roll: I think tomorrow I might give her a small amount of yoghurt before her meal just to see if it takes the edge of her hunger and slows her down when eating her food. It''s all still just trial and error at the moment.
debih

Postby Diflower » 30 Jan 2013, 23:47

Yes I can understand that - sounds like it's mainly working though :)
Diflower

Postby miasmum » 31 Jan 2013, 00:09

I am glad you sound so much more relaxed about it Debih and Di I really hope Minnie better tomorrow
miasmum

Postby debih » 31 Jan 2013, 09:10

How is Minnie this morning Di?

Millie seems fine. Before I fed her this morning I gave her a couple of spoons of yoghurt and then her breakfast. It seemed to work and she didn't gulp all her food down.

She is pretty subdued this morning so it will be interesting to see how excited she gets when I get her lead out soon.
debih

Postby Diflower » 31 Jan 2013, 09:16

Not good Debih...she's barely moved, went out briefly for a drink (she prefers the rainwater in her bucket), came back in and laid straight back down. She didn't get up when I came down, and didn't come and lay by the sofa with me :cry:
I keep lying on the floor stroking her, with little response...will be ringing the vets at 8.30.
Diflower

Postby debih » 31 Jan 2013, 09:33

Oh no Di - poor, poor Minnie.

I do hope that the vet can give her something to help.

((((((((((((((((((((Di and Minnie))))))))))))))))))))))))
debih

Postby miasmum » 31 Jan 2013, 09:55

Oh Di. :( :( :( I have everything crossed and really hope it is something easily sorted. Hugs to Minnie xxx
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 31 Jan 2013, 10:36

(((((((((((((((((((((Di))))))))))))))))))))))))))) :( :( xxxxx
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Pets