Rehoming a cat Help Ria UPDATED

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Rehoming a cat Help Ria UPDATED

Postby meriad » 30 Mar 2016, 17:57

Because if anything it'll make him more anxious and frustrated to get outside completely, almost like tantalising him with what he's missing (which you're obviously aren't) . I'd probably say / recommend 4 weeks indoors with run of the house, then 2 with access to the outside run and only then out and about if he's showing signs of wanting more - he may well be super happy with just house and run. But you'll see how he settles x
meriad

Postby miasmum » 30 Mar 2016, 18:08

Thing is Ria I want to get the litter tray in the run as soon as possible. Tim was not keen on having a cat and if the house starts to smell he won't be happy.

I don't want another indoor cat. I want him to go out and have fun

I want to keep him in the dining room because I don't want him shooting past me when I am in and out to the garden

The son of his owner is now coming home tomorrow for 2 days, so I wont collect George until Saturday. George doesn't like Carl, and he will be extra stressed. I would rather collect him when the house is quiet
miasmum

Postby Gal » 01 Apr 2016, 14:44

miasmum wrote: I want him to go out and have fun

:D I would agree wth this MM, my opinion is cats love being outdoors where they can jump up as high as they can and feel the fresh outdoor air....I would always advocate having an outdoor cat, if your living situation allows :D
Gal

Postby meriad » 01 Apr 2016, 15:58

I totally and 100% agree and I'm not saying make him an indoor cat... definitely not. All I was suggesting is keeping him inside for 4 weeks if possible before letting him out (run or no run) ;)

But regardless... wishing you best of luck tomorrow; I really hope operation "Nab George" goes super smoothly and he settles in his new home very soon. He's a lucky boy and I'm looking forward to a photo or two x
meriad

Postby miasmum » 01 Apr 2016, 19:16

I intend to do my best to keep him in I will let you know how it goes

Thank you for your advice
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 01 Apr 2016, 20:03

Loads of luck with it all Shell, George is a lucky cat :D xx
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 01 Apr 2016, 20:17

Tim looked at the 96 sachets of food tonight and reminded me "he's not staying, he is here until you can find him a new home" Oh, I'd conveniently forgotten that :shock: :?
miasmum

Postby meriad » 03 Apr 2016, 20:50

88 pouches of Felix from Zooplus for less than £20.... can't go wrong :-)

no need to tell Tim it's only a few pence less :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
meriad

Postby miasmum » 03 Apr 2016, 20:54

His came from Zooplus too Ria and we don't have to worry about the cost, we don't pay for him, win win

thank you for your help earlier by the way. I bought him a brush. He spent all day in the run but I had to push him back through the cat flap. He is now back in his corner hiding under the chair. He is funny as he loves to be fussed just doesn't come looking for it

Strangely he doesn't seem to moult. I brushed him tonight and not a single hair in the brush
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 03 Apr 2016, 22:06

:lol: My dad used to say that every time my mum took in a new stray - they all got to stay for good :D ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Pets