Cat problems, any advice?

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Cat problems, any advice?

Postby Kaz » 05 Apr 2016, 20:04

:( :( :(
Kaz

Postby Gal » 06 Apr 2016, 08:39

Oh MM that's such a shame!! How long till your holiday...and did you have plans to board him or anything whilst you were away?

Animals do take a while to adapt to new settings and arrangements. Poor George won't know whether he's coming or going bless him :(

We have had a change in domestic arrangements re the dogs....our racer, Lily has retired and can't remain at the farm where she has been since birth, so as we don't have oom for three dogs, T made the agonising (for him) decision to let Tegan, our girl doggie, go to live with Amy, so we now have Lily dog and Tip in the kennel. Lily has been whining a lot and struggling with her new lifestyle since we brought her home on Easter Sunday....she's getting there but we are having to exercise an awful lot of patience with her. Luckily all of us are animal lovers ....

xxxx
Gal

Postby miasmum » 06 Apr 2016, 09:08

Hope she settles in soon, Gal.

We go on 21st May. Tracey over the road was going to feed him, she comes over twice a day anyway to feed the chickens

I feel really bad, I just wish I had left him at his own house, but I wanted him to have company. I have built my friends hopes up too so on top of losing her mum I am going to have to upset her. And I feel I have let Margaret down as I told her when she was dying George would come and live with me. In trying to help I have just made things a thousand times worse and I am sad too
miasmum

Postby meriad » 06 Apr 2016, 09:21

Shell, I know this is going to be harsh, but I don't think you're letting your friend, nor Margaret down. In fairness I think they put you on the spot and in a position they shouldn't have....

So no, don't feel bad. And in all honesty right now, this is all about George and what is best for him. And I also think your friend should start helping finding George a new home; it shouldn't all be left up to you to now sort - that really really wouldn't be fair.

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/nhants.html is a list of all the rescues in your area; call them all, explain the situation and see what they say. What I will highly recommend though is that if they do have a space in a pen take them up on that offer and hand him over. Cats in rescue pens are more a priority to rehome than the home to home rehomings. I know you would prefer for George not to be in a pen, but if that is what will work best then that is what needs doing.

Best of luck - it's a horrible horrible situation to be in and I really do feel for you. I'm very sorry Tim feels so strongly about George :cry:
meriad

Postby miasmum » 06 Apr 2016, 09:29

To be fair Ria, she lives London, has her mums funeral this week, is working full time and has a house to sell and it is full of stuff to sort and her mum died before she could sign her Will, so I think she has enough of her plate.

They didn't put me on the spot, she said she would take George back to London with her and rehome him there, through the vets she works, but if someone local would have him that would be better and Tim said we could give it a try and I stupidly thought he would come round.

I have loved having a cat again and a cat that costs me basically nothing, is fully insured with all his other treatment covered, to me was a gift horse. I stupidly thought Tim would come round which is where the mistake was mine and only mine. Most husbands do apparently, but not this one.

I am not putting him in rescue, I couldn't bear it
miasmum

Postby Gal » 06 Apr 2016, 13:26

Who, Tim or George?? ;) xxx

Sorry don't mean to be flippant, and I am so sorry Tim isn't willing to give poor George a bit longer, it isn't his fault this is happening, and if as you say he said you could give having George a try, then he hsn't really given him that chance as far as I can see.

MM if you feel as strongly about this as your post suggests, I'd sit Tim down and have a long talk about this, how much you love having a cat again etc. If he can see how happy you are might that not make him feel differently? May 21st is still a good way off yet, you can make massive progress with George in that time.

xxx
Gal

Postby meriad » 06 Apr 2016, 13:37

Gal wrote:MM if you feel as strongly about this as your post suggests, I'd sit Tim down and have a long talk about this, how much you love having a cat again etc. If he can see how happy you are might that not make him feel differently? May 21st is still a good way off yet, you can make massive progress with George in that time.xxx

100% agree.... what is Tim's reason for not wanting to give George a chance? x
meriad

Postby miasmum » 06 Apr 2016, 14:09

He doesn't want any indoor pets. He wants an animal free house Apparently he wants the house decorated and new furniture and does not want any pets ruining it.
miasmum

Postby meriad » 06 Apr 2016, 14:23

I'm not even sure how to answer that one Shell.... all I can say is I'm sorry as it really seems there is no win/win for you or George is there :cry:

Call those rescues I sent you the link to and get George on their books asap; the longer he is with you the harder it's going to be for you. Just remember most of the rescues are run by volunteers so may not be able to answer right away or come back to you right away and you may have to reach out to them more than once. And follow up with an email with photo's where you can

(((hug)))
meriad

Postby Gal » 06 Apr 2016, 19:22

miasmum wrote:He doesn't want any indoor pets. He wants an animal free house Apparently he wants the house decorated and new furniture and does not want any pets ruining it.

:( That's very unfair to tell you that now when he'd previously said to give George a chance :? How George feels may not matter much to him but it does to you, and I think he has behaved very badly about this MM, sorry but there it is.

Huge hugs....it's clear he's not interested in your feelings regarding George (((((((((((((((()))))))))))))) xxxx
Gal

PreviousNext

Return to Pets