The Shelter

For those non-humans who share our home

The Shelter

Postby tonicha » 12 Nov 2016, 14:49

I'd arranged for Molly to be spayed at a local shelter, which looks after strays and needs money, to help look after stray dogs and cats. A local vet would be doing the op and it would cost us 50€

We thought we'd better try and find the place, so took a run out the other day.

Cor berlimey!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: The noise level, from 2 roads away was bad enough, but as we got closer, the car noise obviously sent the dogs scatty :shock: :shock: :o

I managed to speak to some-one by phone and was told to take Molly there at "around midday" on 18 November. And we could collect her as soon as she came round :?

As this is Portugal, we realised that "around midday" could be 3.00pm :cute: :cute: :cute:

So Molly is going to the vet in Castro Verde, next Monday at 10.00am. It's going to cost double, and she may stay the night, she may not, we'll find out when we get there.

We've now had to buy a cat-box and a litter tray :lol: :lol: as Gez isn't back until late next week.
tonicha

Re: The Shelter

Postby miasmum » 13 Nov 2016, 19:59

That sounds much better for Molly, just more expensive for you. I am sure she will be home the same day

The shelter sounds like it would have been very stressful for her.
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 13 Nov 2016, 20:21

Oh I think you made the right decision for little Molly, that shelter sounded very stressful. Those poor animals :( xxxxxxxxxxx
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 13 Nov 2016, 21:03

It's a clean place, apparently, just noisy and rather full :shock: Mostly with dogs.

Molly is very slowly getting less jumpy and scared, bit if either of us make a sudden movement, she's off :lol: :lol:

Next doors dogs don't bother her at all - she's not too keen on stonking great ducks though :roll: :lol: :lol:

We had a couple fly over and walk up and down our drive yesterday - I managed to get one to fly away, but the other daft bugger :roll: :roll: took ages before he flew off. Molly hid under the car and watched :lol: :lol:
tonicha

Return to Pets