Charlie

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Charlie

Postby miasmum » 29 Dec 2017, 14:33

One of the vets is bound to have a 4x4 Cant they deliver him?
miasmum

Postby JoM » 29 Dec 2017, 15:07

Really hope he's on the mend now Gal - and that you can get him home today!

I must admit that I was getting fed up with the vets we use when Billy had his infected paw in the Summer. The initial consultation cost £35 (plus the cost of medications), then each time they wanted to see him again it cost another £20 per visit and there were two visits where we couldn't have been in the room for more than two minutes! They charged £10 to fill out a section on the insurance claim form and for that they don't even forward it to the insurance company.

We used the vet in Pets At Home in an emergency once when Billy got a nasty cut off a fence while out and they told us how much it would cost from the outset - £140 for the initial consultation, stapling and medications and however many visits he needed to have the wound checked (we went back four times), the receptionist asked us for his insurance details and when his treatment was over all we had to do was sign the claim form and they sent it off, there wasn't even a charge for that.

Probably should change to Pets At Home really but we've been using the other vets for years.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 29 Dec 2017, 22:41

Wow Ally! :shock: :shock: That's almost as much as D's cataract ops :shock: :shock:

Gal I hope you get him home, I'm really glad he's getting better :) xxx

We've been happy with our vets, but when B gets taken on permanently (if) then we might swap to Woods as she'll get 25% discount.
Kaz

Previous

Return to Pets