Some VV vibes please

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Some VV vibes please

Postby Kaz » 13 Sep 2017, 17:02

Just because, really! Dogs are dogs anywhere, they all deserve a chance. Here we have laws, and lots of well supported rescues. Jan and Carlos have nothing, they gave it all up, sold everything they had to set up the rescue. Animals are not well respected there, they have some horrific back stories for some of their dogs :( Brazil has terrible poverty, and animals don't count for much.

She is English, he is Portuguese, they moved to Brazil many years ago to look after his mum, who has since died. They had a bakery business that they lost in the big Rio mudslide of 2011 that killed many people. They took in many stray dogs and have been doing it ever since. They are amazing people, and I support the charity as much for their sakes, as for the dogs :) I don't mind not being able to visit :)
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 13 Sep 2017, 17:03

I guess we all have our own reasons for any charities we might follow :) Anyway, I do support a few UK based dog charities as well, for instance the Bruce Forsyth one, run by his daughter, that campaigns for micro chip scanning but also covers other issues, and Lucy the Rescue Cavalier, a page that campaigns against puppy farming ;)
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 13 Sep 2017, 17:13

Ria I'm sure they would help, if needs be. Fingers crossed it all goes ok. Sounds like those dogs have a great life waiting for them :)
Kaz

Postby Gal » 13 Sep 2017, 18:56

Kaz wrote:Just because, really! Dogs are dogs anywhere, they all deserve a chance. Here we have laws, and lots of well supported rescues. Jan and Carlos have nothing, they gave it all up, sold everything they had to set up the rescue. Animals are not well respected there, they have some horrific back stories for some of their dogs :( Brazil has terrible poverty, and animals don't count for much.

She is English, he is Portuguese, they moved to Brazil many years ago to look after his mum, who has since died. They had a bakery business that they lost in the big Rio mudslide of 2011 that killed many people. They took in many stray dogs and have been doing it ever since. They are amazing people, and I support the charity as much for their sakes, as for the dogs :) I don't mind not being able to visit :)

:) Thanks for clarifying xx
Gal

Postby Ally » 13 Sep 2017, 19:49

Respect for Jan & Carlos for the love and devotion they've shown to those dogs. xx
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 14 Sep 2017, 08:47

:)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 14 Sep 2017, 11:25

Ally wrote:Respect for Jan & Carlos for the love and devotion they've shown to those dogs. xx

Absolutely! What they do is amazing xx

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby meriad » 14 Sep 2017, 16:02

Just a quick update.... what a nightmare few hours that was. I woke at 3am to check for an update. Flight was on time and they were about to be vet checked so all going to plan. However they then started querying Camilli's ownership of the dogs and were more or less accusing her of stealing them because the vaccination / pet passport was still in his name - but despite the transport company confirming all details this end etc etc... anyway cut a long story short, it was all bluff on their side because they didn't have a leg to stand on and Camilli's sister (thank goodness she had gone with her dad) threatened to call a solicitor and walked off and pretended she was on the phone.

Got back and the border guys made a deal - a bucket load of money and they can have the dogs. Far more than we were originally told but little anyone of us could do about it. Camilli's family didn't have that much cash on them (it was more than double what we were told) and they couldn't go to a cash point because it wouldn't have been safe to go on their own (not that time of night in that area) and they had to make sure that one of them remained with the animals otherwise the guys would have just shut the door behind them. Finally Camilli got hold of a friend who, a good few hours later, managed to get the necessary cash to them and then they were on their way.

I've been awake since 3am WhatsApp'ing with Camilli and she in turn with her family trying to figure a way out, but end result was that £400 had to change hands before the dogs were released. Good old bribery and corruption and nothing anyone can do about it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have since received a few photo's from the dogs in their new home. They now have another canine friend who apparently is over the moon and totally excited to have friends; there is also a feline friend, but said cat is no where near as happy as the dog :lol: . They can now run in and out the house and play in a large fenced garden to their hearts content, whereas whilst here in London they were limited to 3 walks a day as the house didn't have a garden. For the dogs, whilst probably not the most pleasant 24 hours in their life, this move has been so worth it - they'll be spoilt rotten and have all the space they could wish for. Camilli will miss them tremendously though.

Me? I'm glad they're there and no more worries about them
meriad

Postby Kaz » 14 Sep 2017, 17:27

Horrible Ria, but that's Brazil for you :( When BT tried to get some new proxy server boxes into Brazil the Customs wanted £17k to let them in :shock: Mick said no more into Brazil, so that was that :shock: It's all bribery and corruption out there :(

Thank goodness the friend could help! I'm really pleased the dogs are home now :Hi:
Kaz

Postby Ally » 14 Sep 2017, 17:42

Phew! Thank goodness they're home now. xx
Ally
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pets