'Garfield'

For those non-humans who share our home

'Garfield'

Postby Gal » 24 Oct 2017, 13:35

Some of you will have seen on FB that we were 'adopted' last night by a stray ginger tom, with no collar or ID of any sort, I didn't know what to do.

I have spent ages trying to sort out some sort of foster home for him - thanks to a mutual friend I was able to have him scanned for a chip, but the chip is French! So our hopes of the scanner lady being able to take him 'home' went up in smoke :(

I've tried and failed to get a local cattery or something to take him in but only been met with rudeness or apathy, or at best a brick wall. I can't keep him - Charlie got quite unsettled (still is) and Tip isn't 100% atm so needs to be allowed into the house of an evening.

Donna asked if she could help, so I passed a few numbers to her to try - it's now worked out that as I am the last to see him and in the absence of any proper ownership, Petlog have now got me and Donna down as his owners! :shock: :shock: He's not here when I've come in this dinnertime so hopefully he has settled in somewhere else but I don't have a clue what to do next.
Gal

Re: 'Garfield'

Postby Kaz » 24 Oct 2017, 17:06

:( Sorry hun, me neither :( Seems a bit off to put you down as the owner, and those local cat charities don't sound much use :?
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 24 Oct 2017, 23:11

:mrgreen: What about a nice, warm orange and black striped fur stole for Christmas, Gal? :cute: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheOstrich

Postby Ally » 25 Oct 2017, 08:12

TheOstrich wrote::mrgreen: What about a nice, warm orange and black striped fur stole for Christmas, Gal? :cute: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are being sent to do 100 hours community service at the nearest muddiest footy ground our Ossie.

No food or J2O's either! :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby cromwell » 25 Oct 2017, 15:46

Is there a Cats Protection near you Gal? And yes, bad Os! :)
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Gal » 26 Oct 2017, 15:53

Well now, here's an update....

Garfield lives in the next street!!! :shock: So Claire, the lady who scanned him Monday night, has been investigating further into the French connection (sure there's a film there??) and after putting lots of shouts out on FB in France, Garfield's mum has been found!! She moved here last October but - and here's the thing - didn't change the details on Garfield's chip!!!! :shock: :roll:

Anyway she was currently on her way home from holiday when she saw the shout out, she'd left a neighbour in charge/feeding Garfield, and he'd clearly decided to look for mum.....long story short, she thanked me for going the extra mile and all is well that ends well 8-) :D :D :D

NOT mentioning any local rescue places, no sir!! Not ever. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Gal

Postby Diflower » 26 Oct 2017, 17:18

No, let's just say that's really good news Gal :)
Sounds like he was looking for company.
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 27 Oct 2017, 09:23

Oh thank goodness for that! :Hi: :Hi: xxxxxx
Kaz

Postby Gal » 27 Oct 2017, 15:42

:D :D :D :D :D
Gal

Postby Osc » 28 Oct 2017, 13:02

I was following the story on FB, Gal, so glad there is a happy ending. :evil: :evil: to the local rescue services though. As for you, Ossie, you are going to be on that naughty step for quite a long time :twisted:
Osc

Next

Return to Pets