Kidney diet

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Kidney diet

Postby meriad » 31 Mar 2013, 21:05

buggeration :(

£8.63 for 12 sachets is a lot of money and to be honest I wouldn't be able to afford it. If I were in your position I'd probably change the cats to a senior food diet and add a phosphate binder to the food. My Molly has had kidney issues for a few years now and she just wouldn't touch the renal foods and she never liked the senior foods either. So I have her on a daily Fortekor 'only' and that seemed to work just fine for her and has kept her values at a manageable level. Food wise she gets the regular stuff that the others get, or whatever she will eat. It's such a minefield out there Shell and so hard to know what is right and wrong :(

As a matter of interest and on a different note; if you get a box of a senior food - or even a regular food that you may have in the house already - and compare the nutritional analysis of that compared to the Hills Renal food - I'd be curious just how different their values are.
meriad

Re: Kidney diet

Postby miasmum » 01 Apr 2013, 00:06

They only have senior Felix Ria. Simon told me the difference, cant remember what it was though. I think I am going to go for half and half and put some of that binder on it. I am going to swap to Happy Cat dried though, as it is only Mowgli that eats it and that seems good value.

I have bought a water fountain too
miasmum

Previous

Return to Pets