Millie is poorly

For those non-humans who share our home

Millie is poorly

Postby debih » 26 Jun 2013, 09:14

I'm not sure what is wrong with her or whether or not it is related to her throat.

Mum said that she fed her last night at about 6pm and she was fine. Then about an hour later she was really, really sick. When she came back in she was shaking and obviously in pain with her stomach. She couldn't even bring herself to jump up onto the sofa in the conservatory that she sleeps on when she stays there (although mum said she was on there this morning).

When she let her out this morning she was very sick again - just bile as she hadn't been fed since being sick the night before. She also kept sort of hunching herself up now and again as though her stomach was hurting her. She said she also seemed to be finding it difficult to get comfortable and was very restless.

When I got there she hadn't fed her so I decided to try her on a little food. She ate that fine although she did back away from the bowl once as though it was hurting her stomach when eating. But she didn't regurgitate it and wasn't sick.

I just spoke to mum and she has been feeding her small amounts every 30 minutes and she seems fine - she hasn't been sick again and isn't doing the hunching up thing.

She still keeps having the odd sloppy poo although it is intermittent.

I'm not going to rush her straight up to the vet - will keep an eye on her over the next day or so. If she is sick again I will ring them and see what they want me to do.

It's hard to decide what to do really. If she were "normal" I'd just be thinking that she has a bit of a stomach upset and would wait and see how she was in a couple of days time. I don't think it is connected to her other problems as that has always been regurgitation rather than vomitting.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Re: Millie is poorly

Postby Diflower » 26 Jun 2013, 09:34

Oh dear Debih, the poor girl.
Painful stomach doesn't sound too good, it's what the vet always asks as it makes a difference. Because they have the vomit reflex that doesn't usually distress them.
But I do agree with you to just keep an eye on her for a day or two.
(((((Millie)))))
xx
Diflower

Postby debih » 26 Jun 2013, 10:35

Well no news is good news.

Mum said she'd ring me if she was sick and so far she hasn't. Its 2.5 hours after I fed her this morning and mum was going to feed her small amounts every 30 mins so hopefully she's ok.

I'll ring again just before I leave for sports day.
debih

Postby Diflower » 26 Jun 2013, 12:40

Fingers firmly crossed here
x
Diflower

Postby JoM » 26 Jun 2013, 14:08

Poor Millie :( I hope, as you say, that no news is good news.

xx

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby debih » 26 Jun 2013, 15:50

Well I've been and picked her up from my mums.

She hasn't been sick again and mum said that she hadn't done the huddling up thing since this morning but then did it when I arrived - although she had just been having a massive stretch when I got there (she stretches a lot since having the stricture - usually after eating - it must help it down or something).

She seems fine - subdued but fine. I will keep a close eye on her over the next few days.

I wonder if she has strained something whilst being sick and it is sore. Can dogs do that do you think?
debih

Postby Lozzles » 26 Jun 2013, 16:32

I suppose they could. Poor Millie, what a worry (((((((hugs))))))
Lozzles

Postby meriad » 26 Jun 2013, 20:21

only just seen this sorry.... glad that Millie seems a bit better. Fingers crossed this was a 'one off' and you won't need to take her to the vet.

And as for the straining something - I don't see why not
meriad

Postby miasmum » 26 Jun 2013, 20:31

Poor Millie, hope she feels better soon and puts your mind at rest
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 26 Jun 2013, 20:46

Oh poor Millie :( ((((((((((((x))))))))))))
Kaz

Next

Return to Pets