For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Introducing Henry

Postby Ally » 08 Oct 2013, 09:44

Henry is gorgeous Ria. :D :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby meriad » 08 Oct 2013, 10:51

Jo, he brings the tally back up to 6 :oops: :D :oops: - I lost my old girl Molly in July
meriad

Postby Weka » 15 Oct 2013, 09:55

Ok, sasha is odd, but she's only 4.4years old, and she knows how to behave around animals. She worked that out at 2 years old. Oliver stopped chasing them at 2.5 and is just working out now that he needs to be extra good around them to get them to learn he is ok to be in the room with. Neither have ever done anything serious like dropped a cat down the stairs. Every encounter was supervised and with guidance. George is a biter when he's fed up, and yes, I have let him bite them both as a lesson, but only cause I know he doesn't do more than hold your skin in his mouth and leave a tiny dent. But the lesson for both was so valuable. They both learnt the cats are not stuffed toys. I wouldn't let it get that far with Minnie, she's a scratcher and doesn't hold back.

They say children who are not kind to animals lack empathy for humans. I'm a bit worried for this girl. Though I wonder if perhaps the parents were looking for an easy out. 6 month old kittens are still not the easiest of creatures to share a sleeping space with. :lol:

I'm sure Henry has the better home now, and I'm sure he knows it.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Previous

Return to Pets