Kaz, how is Fraggle?

For those non-humans who share our home

Kaz, how is Fraggle?

Postby miasmum » 08 Dec 2013, 12:11

Has the behaviour settled at all and the messing in the house?
miasmum

Re: Kaz, how is Fraggle?

Postby Kaz » 08 Dec 2013, 15:50

Yes on the whole - although he did have one 'accident' while Mick was away last week, but then he was very anxious. I think it's anxiety that caused that, as the other times were during the fireworks :idea:

He's still very boisterous but that is his nature I reckon, neither Cairns nor Shih Tzus are 'calm' dogs :? He and Pepper still 'fratch' a bit but nothing nasty, and she has lost weight so is fitter with all the playing with him, and the extra long walks that Fraggs needs. She struggled to keep up at first but now she's fine.....

So on the whole it's good - although it's a lot of extra housework as he 'sheds' and treads in half the garden all day long - but we're getting there, and he's very loving which is nice 8-) :D :)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 08 Dec 2013, 20:34

Oh bless him!

Do you know what his background was? How he came to be at the rescue centre?

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 08 Dec 2013, 21:15

We only know the last 6 months or so. Ravenswood got him in the first time, early this year, as a stray :cry: He was homed with a family with young children but when the husband walked out the wife couldn't cope with the stress of three children, the shock of being left suddenly, and a boisterous new dog - so reluctantly they returned him. There is no question of him being mistreated there, apparently they were gutted to have to bring him back, the kids were heartbroken :(

We have no idea of his first year and a half or why he ended up a stray - poor boy. I am sure that's why he gets so anxious..........Oh and when he sees a man in overalls and workboots he goes bananas so has been mistreated by such a man at some point, we are sure :( But once he realises he is here no matter what - thick or thin - I am sure he'll calm down. Plus of course all terriers calm down around the age of about three - everyone told us that about Peps and she did 8-) :D
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 08 Dec 2013, 21:26

Kaz how much terrier is there in a Schnauzer? They are not classed as terriers are they?
miasmum

Postby JoM » 08 Dec 2013, 23:13

The poor little fella :( He's had a lot of upheaval in his life hasn't he, it's no wonder he gets anxious.

It breaks my heart to think of dogs being mistreated :(

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby miasmum » 09 Dec 2013, 00:23

I know Jo, but both Billy and Fraggle are lucky to have found such lovely homes. I am sure in a years time Fraggle will be a complete sweetheart
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 09 Dec 2013, 10:53

Jo it breaks my heart too, and when I realised he was afraid of men with overalls and boots it made me feel quite ill, to think of what might have happened to him :cry: Shell is right though, he'll be fine in a while :)

Miniature Schnauzers are classed as Utility Dogs but they are terriers really, in looks, temperament and deeds :? :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Kaz » 09 Dec 2013, 10:57

Actually this is from Wikipedia

The AKC accepted registration of the new breed in 1926, two years after Miniature Schnauzers were introduced to the United States.[4][3] They were originally known as Wirehaired Pinschers.[5] Although they are recognized internationally with the Schnauzer and Giant Schnauzer in the Working group, in the AKC the Miniature Schnauzer is classed with the terriers.[3] It was recognized by the United Kennel Club in 1948 and also classed as a terrier.[6]
Kaz

Return to Pets