Fraggle!

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: Fraggle!

Postby Kaz » 22 Feb 2014, 21:35

Oh right thanks, it looks tasty :D 8-) :lol:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 22 Feb 2014, 22:59

Another idea - maybe coupled with those liver bits - is to set aside 20-30 mins a day for actual training, indoors given the awful state of the gardens ;)
You can do it with both of them, no harm done and it would be bad if Pepper felt left out.
Sit/stay, down, etc - and making them wait for the treat (we can hold a treat in front of Minnie's nose but until you say 'ok' she won't take it). It's all just extra training/discipline/attention that hopefully will carry through into all areas :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 22 Feb 2014, 23:15

They will both do that already, Pepper will even do a "Sit, Lie Down, then Beg" routine and Fraggs sits nicely and waits till he's told :) It's being outside, for walks, he just can't seem to contain his excitement - he's so eager, and interested, and downright excited LOL

B is coming home in May, after her exams, to live. She wants to do extra training with them both, maybe with her friend I mentioned earlier. I think that would help a bit :?: :idea:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 23 Feb 2014, 00:15

I understand that they will do it Kaz, and that's really good :D
But it's also him getting the idea that this is schooltime, not playtime, just as with taking him outside for a wee/whatever is not the same as just going into the garden to do as he pleases, it's a time to concentrate and do as he's told ;) :)

Lovely that Becky will be coming home, gosh how quickly has that gone?!
Yes I'm sure if she spends extra time teaching him anything she wants to will do nothing but good :)
He's such a lovely boy isn't he, he just needs a bit of help to understand what he can and can't do x
Diflower

Postby Ally » 23 Feb 2014, 08:51

Never having had a dog Kaz I can offer no advice - but here's a hug for you. (((( ))))

Remember we looked after Ollie poodle last November?

The first 2 days Ollie pooped right in the middle of the kitchen floor then after that he was fine. :shock:

Talking to Michelle when she returned home she said Ollie always does that if he's upset and missing any of his family. :?

I know it's not the same thing as your Fraggle but at the time I remember thinking how much a dog can sense things - they're quite astute. :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 23 Feb 2014, 10:12

Oh yes, that makes sense Di thanks ;) Yes after her exams in May the uni year will about be over, it is going very quickly! :shock:

Yes they are very sensitive Ally, I would have thought he'd be used to B and H's comings and goings by now, but maybe not :? :(

Thanks both xxx
Kaz

Postby meriad » 23 Feb 2014, 21:20

Kaz, I haven't had / lived with a dog for years now but as a matter of interest, where were you all when he did this?
meriad

Postby Kaz » 23 Feb 2014, 22:53

It was morning Ria, and we were all having showers. getting dressed etc upstairs and he did this downstairs. They hadn't had their morning walk yet, but had been down the garden.....
Kaz

Postby Lozzles » 24 Feb 2014, 09:01

Lots of good advice here, so I won't add to it. It must be so frustrating for you Kaz. I know how much you all love Fraggle and I'm sure this problem will get sorted out in time (((((((((((((((Kaz)))))))))))))))
Lozzles

Postby Kaz » 24 Feb 2014, 09:27

Thanks Loz, we really do, but it is very frustrating :) Thanks for the hugs 8-) xxxxxx
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Pets