The hounds

For those non-humans who share our home

The hounds

Postby Kaz » 03 Mar 2014, 19:22

have had their yearly MOT and innoculations tonight 8-) Apart from barking madly at some poor poorly puss in a cat basket ( :oops: :roll: ) in reception they were very good and let the vet do everything she needed to 8-) Aside from them being at the upper limit of their weight range - although she did admit they were both large and muscular for their breeds - everything was fine.

We spoke about F's behavioural/anxiety issues and he now has an Adaptil collar (apparently it is fine to still keep the plug-in as they can't OD) and one of the nurses from the practice is their behavioural expert and is going to ring us to discuss a plan of action 8-) :D 8-)
Kaz

Re: The hounds

Postby Diflower » 03 Mar 2014, 22:07

Hope the adaptil collar helps Kaz :)
And the nurse is helpful too :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 03 Mar 2014, 23:15

Thanks Di, me too :)
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 04 Mar 2014, 05:06

Really hope the Nurse is able to help kaz.

Have to say that is why I am glad my vets don't see dogs, just cats, rabbits and guinea pigs and the odd hamster etc. Mia would have heart failure if a dog barked at her
miasmum

Postby Ally » 04 Mar 2014, 08:08

miasmum wrote:Really hope the Nurse is able to help kaz.

Have to say that is why I am glad my vets don't see dogs, just cats, rabbits and guinea pigs and the odd hamster etc. Mia would have heart failure if a dog barked at her

I get heart failure if a dog barks at me. :oops: :roll: :lol:

Glad all is well with the pooches Kaz and hope the collar works. x
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 04 Mar 2014, 09:38

Aw thanks - we had a good night so fingers crossed :) :)

I'm afraid our two bark quite a lot - they are terriers and it's their nature, although we do check them of course :oops: Ally, Fraggle would bark, then when he realised you were a friend he would roll on his back for you to tickle his soft pink tummy, so you would forgive him instantly ;) :) :) xxx
Kaz

Postby Gal » 04 Mar 2014, 09:43

Glad all is well with them both Kaz x

Tip and Tegan don't bark much - unless they spot Smudge :roll: :lol: Or it is after 5am and they want a walk :roll: Otherwise, they are great - the big Staffie-looking dog out the back barks a lot but they don't retaliate.
Gal

Postby Kaz » 04 Mar 2014, 10:02

Thanks Gal :)

Greyhound type dogs bark very seldom I believe, I've heard that before :) Different breeds have a huge variation on this, but terriers are barkers, they have been bred to be :oops: :roll: We do 'check' them, and if they start out in the garden we get them in, but terriers bark when they are worried, happy, sad etc, - it's how they 'talk' and the nature of the beast :roll: ;)

Our neighbours have never complained, and I have asked the nice NDN more than once if they are a problem but she says she rarely hears them, so we must be doing something right ;) :lol:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 04 Mar 2014, 13:14

Definitely a breed, or type thing isn't it.
Minnie almost never barks, except when she's let out at night, then she charges down the garden barking at monsters - but just a couple of barks.
The lovely pair of terriers down the road bark at anything and everything, as do the pair of Peppers :D It's not because they're pairs, either, all terriers do it :) As you say though, it's 'talking', they don't charge at you barking nastily, it's chatter :D
Diflower

Postby JoM » 04 Mar 2014, 14:28

Glad all went well Kaz!

Billy's not much of a barker either. He only really barks if someone goes out alone. He's fine if we all go out together or in two and threes but someone going alone upsets him. My theory is that he feels it's his job to protect us and if we go out in groups then we can look after each other but someone going out alone has no one to look out for them and it worries him.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Pets