Pet sitting

For those non-humans who share our home

Pet sitting

Postby Kaz » 10 Jun 2014, 09:08

As I've mentioned a few times on Café recently, Becky has been looking for a holiday job to earn some money before the start of the new uni year. She's applied for quite a few retail jobs, but so far nothing.....possibly as they mostly seem to want people with experience :roll:

Anyway it seems that she has found her niche - a friend from uni mentioned a pet sitting site, B registered last week and now has two jobs lined up over the summer, and hopefully others will come along too :) At the end of this month she'll be going to Oxfordshire for a week to stay with four dogs whilst their owners (RAF people) are away. There is a lab, two terrier crosses and a pointer mix :D :lol: It sounds a lot but B will cope.....She also has a job in Cheltenham for the end of August, doing the same for two huskies :)

This is right up B's street, she loves dogs, knows about behaviour issues, and in many ways it is 'easy' money - £150 a week for staying in someone's house and walking their dogs!! 8-)
Kaz

Re: Pet sitting

Postby meriad » 10 Jun 2014, 09:40

there's a lot of money to be had in pet / house sitting Kaz. I'm very lucky that I have a neighbour who pops in twice a day to feed my cats and I pay her £15 a day. The people I used beforehand were a franchise and they charged £10 per visit and if I wanted someone to stay overnight then it would be £41 :shock:

I'm glad she's found this - it definitely does sound totally perfect for her.

As a matter of interest is/was she CRB checked or certified by the company employing her? If not then it may be worth her doing that as well and paying for it herself as quite a few people like to know it's been done. Then she could maybe even start her own little business :)
meriad

Postby Ally » 10 Jun 2014, 09:44

That's great Kaz!! :D :D

Dog sitting is very big business over here - I know of a couple who earn a fortune going week to week, house to house. :D

It makes such sense too - happy pets not having their normal routine of things being disturbed. :D :D

I bet B will really enjoy it. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby debih » 10 Jun 2014, 09:56

What a fab way to earn some money.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Kaz » 10 Jun 2014, 10:28

Oh thanks ladies, I think it is ideal for her too :D :D Debi, I know - money for old rope really 'cos it's what she does here anyway :lol: :lol:

Ria I will mention about the CRB, so thanks for that :)
Kaz

Postby Paddypix » 10 Jun 2014, 10:48

What a great idea for a dog lover. I'm sure she'll really enjoy it and earning a bit of money will be the icing on the cake.

I put my two cats into the cattery where they were born when I was on holiday in May. It cost £100 but was worth it to know they were safe and well looked after but I worried about them the whole time and was glad to get home. Next time I'll leave them in their own surroundings and my daughter-in-law will look after them, which is what she wanted to do in May but I wouldn't let her. I was worried about the children letting them out of the house, but I was even more worried about them being cooped up in a pen for two weeks having been used to the run of the house. If I didn't have a willing dil, your Becky would be a godsend.
Paddypix

Postby Ally » 10 Jun 2014, 10:51

The couple that I know have an absolute blast doing this - apart from the fact they are huge dog lovers so it's a no brainer, they get to go to big posh villas, eat the food and use the pools. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Paddypix » 10 Jun 2014, 10:53

My dil doesn't get to use the pool, but she's welcome to have a bath anytime. :lol:
Paddypix

Postby Ally » 10 Jun 2014, 10:56

Paddypix wrote:My dil doesn't get to use the pool, but she's welcome to have a bath anytime. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: They probably go in the pool with the dogs. :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 10 Jun 2014, 11:42

:lol: :lol: No mention of pools yet, but Cheltenham and Burford are pawsh areas so who knows???? Hmmm can see me popping over casually to see how things are going if the Cheltenham one did :P :roll: :lol: :lol:

Paddy that's just it, people are happy to have their pets in their own environment, and as an added extra someone is also minding the house 8-) ;)
Kaz

Next

Return to Pets