The Cone Of Shame

For those non-humans who share our home

The Cone Of Shame

Postby JoM » 03 Sep 2014, 16:51

Oh dear. It's had to make a reappearance.

We took Billy for a walk on Sunday morning and we were less than 5 minutes away from home when he decided to chase something. Unfortunately he chose to chase it through some mesh fencing, remnants from the old pit that used to be here. He yelped but seemed okay and John gave him a quick check over before he ran off to play with the four crazy Springers from down the road who had just appeared. When we got home, he had another once over and John found a 2" gash on his side, just by his left front leg.

So off to the vet he had to go. Our vet is closed on Sundays and the emergency one they use is over in Wolverhampton and although not far, there are a couple of hellish car boot sales and associated traffic jams on Sunday mornings between here and there but I called Pets At Home and their in-store vet said to bring him along as an emergency. He was an absolute star in there. I was expecting them to need to sedate him but no, he was so calm and let the vet do all that she needed to do. John told him to show the lady his boo boo so he lay down and let her see the wound :lol: It's been stapled, he had a pain killing injection and came home wearing The Cone Of Shame, along with a 10 day course of penicillin and pain killers.

He's back tonight to have it checked and again next Monday to have the staples removed. I can't wait for The Cone Of Shame to go, the backs of my legs will be black and blue by the time he's finished with it :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: The Cone Of Shame

Postby JoM » 03 Sep 2014, 16:52

Oh, and I think we're going to stop these Sunday morning walks - last week he was stung a few times and then this happened this week! :roll:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby saundra » 03 Sep 2014, 16:58

get well soon billie
ho jo your poor legs
saundra

Postby Ally » 03 Sep 2014, 17:22

Awwww poor Billy.

Ouch and arnica for the back of your legs Jo. :roll:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby molly » 03 Sep 2014, 17:41

Poor chap, I hope he gets better soon.

I had to take my daughter's dog to the vet a couple of weeks ago…….someone had fed him a tin of sardines and he is only used to dried food. The poor little thing was so ill, vomiting for days and then had the runs. Vet soon sorted him out though.

As I was going in to the vet an old lady was in front of me with an elderly Jack Russel who had a cone over his head. Poor little chap just could not control it and he kept walking with his head down, trying to push it along the ground in front of him. He would lift his head for a second, take a few steps, drop his head and collide with the path, scrape it along for a bit then lift his head again, take a few more steps then hit the path again. He even managed to hit the door frame with it. I felt so sorry for the poor little thing but it was hard not to laugh. Luckily his owner found it highly amusing. :)
molly

Postby TheOstrich » 03 Sep 2014, 17:42

Ah the Cone of Shame - I remember ours hated it with a passion! :D
TheOstrich

Postby Kaz » 03 Sep 2014, 17:46

Oh poor little Billy, sending hugs Jo (((((((((((((((Billy))))))))))))))) xxxx

Oh Molly, the poor little thing :? :lol: xxxxx
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 03 Sep 2014, 18:19

I know they look so sorry for themselves with the cone of shame on. My cocker spaniels used to walk into doors and they totally refused to eat with it on, mind you their ears didn't help. Dudley our Newfoundland never had to wear one and thank God for that, imagine how big it would have had to be.

Glad Billy is on the mend Jo
miasmum

Postby Diflower » 03 Sep 2014, 18:31

Aww poor Billy, hope he's unashamed soon xx

Molly that did make me Lol :D
Diflower

Postby Paddypix » 04 Sep 2014, 11:16

They all hate the cone of shame. I hope Billy gets used to it quickly and that your legs don't suffer too much. :D
Paddypix

Next

Return to Pets