The Cone Of Shame

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: The Cone Of Shame

Postby JoM » 04 Sep 2014, 15:56

Thanks all, he's not been too bothered by it really. It's stopped him from going around the back of the table to get to the back door (no idea why he has to do that anyway when he can get to it directly across the floor) and he has a little trouble chewing his chew as he can't hold it and chew it so it just rolls away down his cone - and guess who gets looked at to pick up the soggy chew :lol:

All good at the vets last night anyway so as long as it continues that way he's back there on Monday night, hopefully to have the staples removed.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Diflower » 04 Sep 2014, 22:48

Glad he's ok with it Jo, when Minnie was spayed there was no way she was going to have it on!

It's about the only time she's ever been difficult, she just wouldn't leave it, pawing at it, running around, whining, it was a nightmare for hours - until we took it off, thinking we'd give us all a break for an hour.
But she was instantly fine, went to sleep, didn't bother the wound...I guess she knew, but I have worried that if she needed one again and it really needed to stay on it would be tricky :)
Diflower

Postby meriad » 08 Sep 2014, 11:28

Sorry Jo - just seen this. Poor Billy, but what a good boy at the vet.

Have you ever thought of getting one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SOFT-E-SMART-CO ... mfy+collar they're really fab and I think every dog and cat owner should have one. They're so much better for the pet.

alternatively http://www.comfycollars.co.uk/ are quite good as well, but depends on where the wound is the comfy collar may not be as effective as the Soft-e collar

fusses to Billy
meriad

Postby Kaz » 08 Sep 2014, 15:05

Bless him, hope it gets removed tonight, when you take him :) xxx
Kaz

Postby JoM » 08 Sep 2014, 21:17

Thanks for the links Ria, they look really good and it'd be worth buying one or the other for the future (because knowing Billy he'll get into more scrapes yet). Thankfully he's not all that bothered by the cone and, to be honest, when we've been around the house with him over the weekend we've taken it off him. He hasn't bothered to try and nibble or scratch the wound and we've kept a very, very close eye on him (and he's always sat right next to me). The cone's just been worn overnight and if he's been home alone. Even then though he could still scratch it with his back leg if he wanted to.

The vet left two staples in tonight, he's to go back on Friday to get those removed. He loves going to the vets anyway but a vets in Pets At Home is like Disneyland to him :lol:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 08 Sep 2014, 21:24

:D :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 08 Sep 2014, 22:02

I love Billy :D
Diflower

Previous

Return to Pets