Prince's problem

For those non-humans who share our home

Prince's problem

Postby Aggers » 25 Sep 2014, 23:10

Prince, our Welsh Springer Spaniel has been acting strangely over the past couple of weeks'
He occasionally scrapes his back feet backwards, one at a time, to a considerable distance,
for no apparent reason, and with no expression of pain. (Not very good for carpets.)

Today we took him to the Vet who gave him a thorough examination but who, initially
could find nothing wrong with him but then decided to inspect Prince's anal glands, which
were found to be swollen and infected. Samples were taken for analysis, and later the Vet
phoned us to say that it was necessary to send a sample somewhere for further examination
as there was a distinct possibility that this was a case of cancer.

We were planning to go on a fortnight's holiday on Saturday, so I have given the Vet my
Mobile Phone number so we can be advised of the findings. If the news is bad we shall be
heading for home pronto. We are so worried. Please pray for our darling Prince.
Aggers

Re: Prince's problem

Postby JoM » 25 Sep 2014, 23:49

Oh no Aggers, what a horrible worry :( Let's just hope it's the vet being very thorough and that it is simply an infection xx
Will keep you, Mrs Aggers and, of course, your lovely Prince in my thoughts and will hope for good news

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Diflower » 25 Sep 2014, 23:56

Oh Aggers I'm so, so sorry what a horrible worry (((xx)))

Just as an aside though, don't rush home unless you actually need to, even more important for you to enjoy your holiday, all of you xx
I shall be thinking of you all x
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 26 Sep 2014, 08:47

Oh (((((((((((((Aggers)))))))))))))))))))) I am so sorry for you, I know how much your dear Prince means to you and Mrs A :( :( :(

I will have everything crossed for good results, but am agreeing with Di - whatever the result do stay and enjoy your holiday, for Prince's sake as much as your own xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 26 Sep 2014, 10:17

<<Aggers>> ..... thinking of you and Mrs A, and Prince of course ... hope it's reassuring news.
TheOstrich

Postby Aggers » 26 Sep 2014, 10:29

Thanks for all your kind words.

The problem is that Prince seems his usual perky self this morning, and one cannot see
anything wrong with him. I've had a restless night, and I couldn't stop thing about him.

I do so hope that the vet's next phone call brings good news.
Aggers

Postby Kaz » 26 Sep 2014, 11:13

We all do Aggers (((((((Prince))))))) xxx
Kaz

Postby meriad » 26 Sep 2014, 13:53

Aggers I'm only just reading this. Of course thinking of you all and I really hope that the vet calls with reassuring news. Sending a (((hug))) to the humans and a cuddle, fuss, ear scratch and chin rub to Prince xxx
meriad

Postby Aggers » 26 Sep 2014, 14:46

You are a lovely bunch of friends.
Aggers

Postby debih » 26 Sep 2014, 16:28

Hi Aggers, I've just seen this.

I so, so, so hope that the news is good and that its just a funny a little quirk that he has decided to start practising.

I agree with Di about your holiday. If the vet does come back and say that it is cancer then unless they need to start some form of treatment immediately I think you should try to enjoy your holiday, especially if you are taking Prince with you.

Keeping absolutely everything crossed. xxxxx
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Next

Return to Pets