Just ..... WHY?

For those non-humans who share our home

Just ..... WHY?

Postby debih » 20 Oct 2014, 11:51

Some people are so odd!

On FB there is a woman that I went to school with. We were really friendly at school and were friends on FB until she de-friended me when she started up some campaign to stop houses being built near her and realised that I worked for the company that was hoping to build them. I had a lucky escape according to another friend as she is a very vocal vegan and is always posting awful pictures and criticising every one else's choice.

Anyway, she is friends with plenty of my friends and she managed to turn a post about a night out drinking bubbly by one friend into another soapbox moment about veganism. This time about her dog - she has a 9 month old puppy who has fully embraced a vegan lifestyle! He is so much healthier and happier for it!!!!!!!

He's a dog - he was meant to eat meat!!!!

I almost posted a sarcastic comment to her but decided against it as it wasn't fair on the friend who's thread it was. So far no one has commented on her stupid comments.

Why would anyone put their dog on a vegan diet!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Re: Just ..... WHY?

Postby Kaz » 20 Oct 2014, 14:34

Because they are an idiot who would rather put their wacky principles ahead of the needs of their defenceless pet?? :evil: :evil: :x

I think that is cruelty TBH, but understand you not wanting to wade in on another friend's thread (((((((((((((((((x))))))))))))))))))
Kaz

Postby meriad » 20 Oct 2014, 20:44

Because she's forcing her ideas onto an animal and by doing so is - as Kaz rightly points out - actually being downright cruel

In all honesty Debih, I'd try and find out what vet she uses and give them an anoymous call and voice your concerns because as care professionals they need to take something like this serious. Hopefully she'll listen to the professionals but unfortunately in my experience Vegans are so high up their own you know what that they think they know everything best.

Why doesn't she just get a rabbit - they're happy to be vegan

poor poor dog :-(
meriad

Postby miasmum » 20 Oct 2014, 21:17

Just be grateful she didnt get a cat Ria, they cannot tolerate being vegetarian let alone vegan. They need to eat meat to survive.
miasmum

Postby debih » 20 Oct 2014, 21:52

There's something about vegans! I only know half a dozen but they all think that they have a God given right to tell you all about their ethics and how wicked I am for eating meat.

I respect your wish to eat what you want - respect mine. I don't go round telling everyone that I eat meat and think vegans are stupid weirdos!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Kaz » 21 Oct 2014, 08:42

You are all right about vegans! :evil: I have seen some really high handed comments on Facebook from vegans, eg on Ricky Gervais's page. No matter what the man does to raise awareness against animal cruelty - and he does a lot - the vegans wade in calling him a hypocrite and all sorts because he eats meat :shock: :evil: :x :roll:

I think it is a certain kind of self-righteous person who is attracted towards veganism (rather than common or garden vegetarianism) in the first place - holier than thou (think Gwyneth Paltrow lol) :? I was veggie for a couple of years back in the 80s but could never have considered veganism............... :shock:
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 21 Oct 2014, 12:23

They are just so holier than though, but deep down so bloody miserable :lol:
miasmum

Return to Pets