Smudge

For those non-humans who share our home

Smudge

Postby Gal » 20 Nov 2014, 19:20

Is not at all himself :(

He came in after his regular night on the tiles and rather than wolfing down his pouch and then making a beeline for our bed (where he sleep during the day :roll: ) he got up on to the settee and curled up in a ball without touching his food. When I got up and had a proper look, he's holding his right front leg up off the ground and isn't weight bearing. I tried putting a bit of pressure on each pad on that foot but this didn't seem to trouble him, so I worked up the leg, gently pressing all over and when I got to his 'shoulder' join right at the top he winced a bit and then did a bit of a growl :|

I'm keeping an eye on him, he's eaten half a pouch today which is a fair bit less than usual, and has done very little except sleep all day. He doesn't feel hot and his coat is shiny as are his eyes, so if this continues tomorrow it looks like another Friday trip to the vets :(
Gal

Re: Smudge

Postby Kaz » 20 Nov 2014, 19:26

:( Sound as though he might have hurt himself :? Hope he is better tomorrow, so won't need the vet ((x))
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 20 Nov 2014, 22:43

Hopefully just a little twist/strain of some sort Gal and a good rest will see him much better xx
Diflower

Postby JoM » 20 Nov 2014, 23:08

Hope he'll be doing better by the morning Gal xx

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Aggers » 20 Nov 2014, 23:18

Let's hope it is nothing serious, and that he will be OK soon.
Aggers

Postby Gal » 21 Nov 2014, 16:16

Thanks all - he is a lot better today, he ate the equivalent of two days food already today :D And he's weight bearing on his poorly foot, not 100% but a lot more than yesterday 8-) We kept him in last night, not that he wanted to go out anyway, and I put some litter ready....clean as a whistle this morning! So he'd not had a wee for at least 36 hours! :shock: He's out in the fresh air as I type though ;)

Thanks for all the replies....we were very worried :( xx
Gal

Postby JoM » 21 Nov 2014, 16:32

That's really good news Gal! :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby miasmum » 22 Nov 2014, 02:09

If he is a cat that spends his nights on the tiles, chances are he has been in a fight. It was probably a bite, that luckily has not turned into an abscess.

Do you never think about keeping him in at night Gal?

So many cats get injured or sadly killed during the night time
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 22 Nov 2014, 16:38

I'm glad he's okay :) x
Kaz

Postby Gal » 24 Nov 2014, 00:01

miasmum wrote:If he is a cat that spends his nights on the tiles, chances are he has been in a fight. It was probably a bite, that luckily has not turned into an abscess.

Do you never think about keeping him in at night Gal?

MM, the thing with all of the cats we have ever had is that they are nocturnal, every single one of them. Smudge in particular enjoys his forays at night, his routine has been thus for so long now I can't remember when it wasn't like this. The only time he will even contemplate staying in all night is when he is ill, as the other night, and this tells me he is not well.

His coat is shiny, his appetite is normal and he is a happy, normally perfectly healthy boy. I wouldn't have him any other way :)

Thanks Kaz x
Gal

Next

Return to Pets