Do you remember my stepsisters greyhound?

For those non-humans who share our home

Do you remember my stepsisters greyhound?

Postby miasmum » 29 Nov 2014, 20:27

The one that killed a pigeon and then a cat? She has now injured a puppy Jack Russell, so she is being rehomed tomorrow. She is going to the Greyhound Trust, who will assess her before rehoming her on, but they have said she will be rehomed but to an expert home. My s/sisters partner has had a greyhound before, but she wasn't like Darcy.

She was on the lead when It happened, as they never let her off the lead now. Their other dog was chasing the puppy and playing with it, they ran past my s/sister and quick as a flash Darcy had it in her mouth. My s/sister said she wasnt even aware of a pull on the lead, she was that quick.

They are really sad as she is lovely, very, very aloof but lovely
miasmum

Re: Do you remember my stepsisters greyhound?

Postby Diflower » 30 Nov 2014, 11:13

Oh no MM, that's awful isn't it :(
I hope she ends up ok somewhere.

Our dog-walking friends who have a greyhound have had them for years and years and never really had any problems until this latest one (the gorgeous Monty died of very old age). It's not dangerous in any way, just very difficult to control, but they're getting there :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 30 Nov 2014, 11:29

Oh dear, that 'small furry animal chasing' urge is very strong in them :(

Hope she can be rehomed successfully, I am sure they did their best ((x))
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 30 Nov 2014, 11:32

I'm not entirely convinced Kaz, I think they should have muzzled her when she was out. But my stepsister wanted her to go when she killed the cat, and you can't muzzle her in her own garden. So I think she was always on borrowed time
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 30 Nov 2014, 14:27

It does seem that way xx
Kaz

Postby Gal » 30 Nov 2014, 21:58

That's sad cos greys are usually so gentle :(

Our two are fab, no trouble at all. Even though we keep a close eye on them both whenever Smudge is around they seem to know he lives her and is part of the family and never bark/start when they see him, they do with neighbourhood cats, so Tip is always muzzled while he is out.
Gal

Postby miasmum » 01 Dec 2014, 00:15

She was so gentle Gal. When anyone walks up their drive the other two bark their heads off, but Darcy would just look out the window, with her long neck leaning against the back of the sofa and watch. She was beautiful, so calm and serene, until she saw something small and furry moving and then.......WALLOP she had it
miasmum

Return to Pets