Candy Unwell

For those non-humans who share our home

Candy Unwell

Postby shazsha » 22 Jan 2013, 21:06

About 4pm today Candy was very persistent in wanting petted. She sat on my lap for a couple of hours and then I put her down. She couldnt get her balance and fell. I picked her up and put her on the rug but she couldnt support herself. I gave her something to eat but she remained very sleepy.
I rang the vet and they told me to bring her right up.
She had went into a diabetic hypo and, as a result, had hypothermia too.
They've given her glucose and insulin put her on an IV drip, and are using heat pads, etc to bring her temperature back up.
She'd had her insulin as normal so further tests will have to take place to determine what's going on with her diabetes.
There's a chance she may not make it to morning but if she does I've to go in at 8.30 am and see how they're planning to proceed.
I really can't believe how quickly this happened as this morning/afternoon she was fine :cry:
shazsha

Re: Candy Unwell

Postby Kaz » 22 Jan 2013, 21:26

Oh (((((((((((((((Shaz)))))))))))))))) :(

Come on Candy - you can make it!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kaz

Postby debih » 22 Jan 2013, 21:41

Oh Shaz, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's going to be an agonising night for you.

Massive vibes winging their way for poor little Candy and a huge hug for you Shaz ((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
debih

Postby Gal » 22 Jan 2013, 22:13

Shaz only just seen this, sending you lots of healing vibes for Candy and hugs ((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))
Gal

Postby meriad » 22 Jan 2013, 22:41

Shaz, I am so sorry to be reading this. Sending loads of vibes that the vets can stabilise Candy overnight and you can bring your girl back home tomorrow. And also sending you a huge (((hug))); it no doubt will be a long night tonight

It is worrying just how quickly our furry friends can deteriorate; but on the bright side it's always amazing just how quickly they can rally back round again.

x
meriad

Postby Diflower » 22 Jan 2013, 23:16

Oh no, I'm so sorry Shaz, poor Candy - and poor you.
Vibes for both of you, will be thinking of you
x
Diflower

Postby JoM » 22 Jan 2013, 23:18

Oh Shaz, I'm sending lots of vibes Candy's way

(((((Shaz)))))

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby shazsha » 23 Jan 2013, 11:44

Thanks everyone. I went to the vet this morning and Candy had had s good night and had eaten well. They've kept her in today to do more tests and to work out what levels her insulin should be. I've to go back at 4pm when they'll make a decision as to whether to keep her in again overnight or whether to let her home. While I was in she had perked up quite a bit, looked a lot happier and was responsive :)
Off for a wee nap now ( I was up and down all night) to catch up on some much needed sleep.
shazsha

Postby meriad » 23 Jan 2013, 13:00

Phew, that is sounding so much better - I am so happy for you. Fingers crossed the tests to day will give the required results and Candy can come home tonight.

And not surprised you were up and down all night - I would also have been; they are just such a worry :(
meriad

Postby debih » 23 Jan 2013, 14:39

Am so pleased to hear that she's okay Shaz.

I've been thinking about you all morning and this is the first chance I have had to get on since about 7am.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Next

Return to Pets