any spare vibes please...

For those non-humans who share our home

Re: any spare vibes please...

Postby meriad » 03 Dec 2015, 11:11

thanks all. Well apparently Harry spent nearly all day yesterday either asleep under a blanket or curled up on / next to Michelle - and he spent the entire night right next to her. Very happy to be back home by the sounds of things. We suspect the poor thing was on a state of anxious high alert the entire time he was out and totally terrified. I'm just so glad he's home now and hopefully in a few days it'll all be back to normal
meriad

Postby Kaz » 03 Dec 2015, 18:22

Oh poor thing, I'm sure he is highly delighted to be home!!! :D :D :D
Kaz

Postby Gal » 03 Dec 2015, 19:20

meriad wrote:thanks all. Well apparently Harry spent nearly all day yesterday either asleep under a blanket or curled up on / next to Michelle - and he spent the entire night right next to her. Very happy to be back home by the sounds of things. We suspect the poor thing was on a state of anxious high alert the entire time he was out and totally terrified. I'm just so glad he's home now and hopefully in a few days it'll all be back to normal

Oh bless!!! I wonder where he's been all this time? Hopefully it'll cure his wanderlust and he'll stay put from now on xxxx
Gal

Postby meriad » 04 Dec 2015, 10:38

Gal, my friend Michelle lives very rural and one of the properties next door to them is a huge farm. Harry was born on that farm and when he was about 6 months old his mom (Twinks) had another litter and started pushing Harry away, which resulted in Harry hanging around Michelle's house quite a bit. She had not long before lost another cat so decided to see if she could take Harry in, which she did very successfully and he became a real mommy's boy.

When Harry escaped out the house they searched the entire area, finally focusing on the farm because they (rightly) figured that Harry would go back to something he may be familiar with; and that is where they eventually did find him. They put food out in one of the fields and monitored it with a night camera which picked him up and then they put traps in two areas, one in a garage / shed thing because they were certain he'd be in there.

2nd night of the trap with food and in he went - phew!

As a by the by - Michelle also managed to trap Twinks not long after she took in Harry and have her spayed. And a few years later she caught her and got her inside into one of the bedrooms, but at that point Twinks was already quite old and she only lived another year or two, but at least that last time in her life she was warm, fed and loved.
meriad

Postby Kaz » 04 Dec 2015, 17:57

Aw, that's a lovely story Ria :) :)
Kaz

Previous

Return to Pets