Re: Houses for sale

Postby tonicha » 21 Jul 2016, 13:58

You're right, I did :oops: :oops: :oops:

610,000 :oops: :oops: :oops:
tonicha

Postby JoM » 21 Jul 2016, 18:31

That's a lot of money, it'd be around a third of that here too :shock:

Good that there's room for extending though, I suppose they wouldn't necessarily need to move again after buying this?

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby tonicha » 21 Jul 2016, 21:17

I'd think not Jo - unless it's over here 8-) and as much as Julia and I would love it - that won't be happening.

Just amazed at the price :shock:
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 12 Aug 2016, 09:17

Just off the back of us, albeit a different style, but wow that price, and it has sold :shock: I must remember to check the actual selling price on there, once it goes though, to see what they actually got!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 22525.html
Kaz

Postby JoM » 12 Aug 2016, 13:06

Lovely house, and yes it'll be interesting to see what the selling price was. They've certainly made a nice profit, looking at the market info on there, in four years if they've got close to asking price - they paid £333,000 in 2012!

JoM

Postby Kaz » 12 Aug 2016, 16:13

Yes - and we moved into this one in 2012! It would be great if ours had appreciated even half as much as that ;) :lol: Not that we want to move for a long time yet, but still, it's good to know these things....... 8-) :geek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Weka » 20 Aug 2016, 21:43

It is a nice place, and around what things here are selling for, maybe a little lower.

Auckland has had a crazy market for a few years now but I'm seeing more houses advertised now with prices rather than being sold at auction. A sure sign things are cooling. Funny, the signs came not long after new rules were a placed on foreign buyers.

We think our own home has doubled in value in 4 years.
I hear a neighbour of ours will be selling next year so it will be interesting to see what that sells for. A lot to f people are selling their Auckland home and loving south where houses are only a quarter to the price so they get a mortgage free home and money in the bank. We think our home is now worth about an eye watering 1.6m and I just saw a similarly place in Palmerston North advertised with an acre of land and near the beach for only 700k. I'd move, but mr weka would get work away from either Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch. And Wellingtons to windy and Christchurch is still a city rebuilding and still having earthquakes so Auckland it is.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Postby JoM » 21 Aug 2016, 22:58

It's never been four years since you bought your house Weka? :shock:

JoM

Postby JoM » 21 Aug 2016, 23:36

This flat is the same design as our very first home, ours was just around the corner from this one. We paid £34,500 in 1991 which seemed like an absolute fortune (I suppose it was when you consider that John's sister bought a house a mile away just 3 years before that for £8000). There was actually a slight reduction in that too as it was almost complete when we bought it so one of the women in the sales office had chosen all tiles, bathroom suite etc.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53798827.html

We were there for just over 3 years and I didn't like it at all, I shed a lot of tears in that flat because I was so unhappy living there. The flat itself was lovely but I didn't like the area, it was too quiet as I'd been used to living near to a town centre on a busy road and people weren't very friendly - apart from our downstairs neighbour, a woman my age, who had a baby and a wayward husband and was very lonely so she'd be waiting for me to come home from work everyday so that she could talk to someone. I'd try and sneak past her kitchen window to our front door unnoticed (thankfully there wasn't a shared entrance) but obviously she'd hear us moving about so she'd ring. She used to play Take That full blast too....

JoM

Postby Kaz » 04 Sep 2016, 18:50

Reminds me a lot of the starter home my sister had when she first got married, although theirs was a 'coach house' what it really amounted to was a flat over a built-in garage, back to back onto anoher identical one ;)

My first house cost £19,950! For a five bed cottage :shock: :lol: :lol: That was in the winter of 78/79 though ;) I don't suppose many 19/20 year olds these days have their name on a mortgage!

Weka, Auckland homes get shown sometimes on Wanted Down Under, a TV programme here about relocating to Aus or NZ. It looks like a wonderful place to live 8-) 8-) :)
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens