For our homes and gardens

Re: Sky tv

Postby JoM » 30 Nov 2016, 23:32

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal » 02 Dec 2016, 19:34

Thanks Jo.

I've been into Currys today and had a chat with a nice young salesman who advised I can get a Amazon Fire stick or a Google chrome plug in which makes my telly into a smart tv, then I can download whatever I want to watch. I can subscribe to Netflix if I wish at approx £6 a month (not HD).

The only reason I'd need a Freesat recorder is if I wanted to keep something. So not necessary, really. I'd cancel with Sky but keep the box, so I have access to all the regular channels anyway.

Looks like a phone call is in order....
Gal

Postby JoM » 03 Dec 2016, 00:24

Joe's got a Firestick on his TV in his room, he loves it. He downloaded a lot of free apps off Amazon when he first got it, things like iPlayer.
We all like Netflix, just a shame that they've blocked US Netflix now as there was a lot more content on that. We also use Now TV too for Sky Movies but it's no contract so John and Joe catch up on movies that they've not seen and we cancel it for a while until Sky have premiered a load more that they want to see. That's £9.99 a month so a lot cheaper than subscribing to Sky Movies.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Previous

Return to Homes and Gardens