Roll on Summer

For our homes and gardens

Roll on Summer

Postby meriad » 23 May 2016, 10:19

Yesterday I planted up more of my veg plants (just have a few beetroot plants to go still and will do them tonight) This year I've

planted as plants: tomato, aubergine, chilli, courgette (green and yellow), cucumber, swiss chard, beetroot.
Planted as seeds: purple basil, green basil, coriander, spring onions, cos lettuce and regular lettuce

I usually really don't have much luck with the courgettes, they always are affected by mildew so hoping this year will be different :D

Can't wait!
meriad

Re: Roll on Summer

Postby Kaz » 23 May 2016, 18:19

Fantastic Ria :D

We were just about to get some tomatoes, peppers, courgettes etc in to D's greenhouse, but my BIL Jeff did it for us at the weekend :shock: :D :lol: Which is fine, he has a huuuuge allotment down near where they live, overlooking Lyme Bay so knows his onions (and tomatoes and courgettes :P :lol: )
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 23 May 2016, 19:54

Brilliant, Meriad .... we've just planted out some geraniums, bought from the City of Birmingham Parks Department who are so strapped for cash, they sell off any surplus bedding plants left over after they've planted up the roadside displays ....
TheOstrich

Postby tonicha » 23 May 2016, 21:11

Lovely :D :D :D

I'm planning on a herb garden for next year - have been watching where the sun is and have decided it's to be one side of the wood store - so it's in shade for most of the day, but will get the evening sun.

Later in the year, we hope to plant parsnips (if we can find the seeds) and sprouts.

We tried peppers in Fuzeta, but they were rubbish :roll:

But next year, it's spuds, radish as well as everything else we've done this year. I'm not a cucumber lover or anything squishy, but may try butternut squash. We'll see how much space :lol: :lol: :lol: we have left ;)
tonicha

Postby meriad » 25 May 2016, 12:52

Ton if you want me to get parsnip seeds here and send them over let me know - they're really not expensive.

I've got tarragon and rosemary in the garden and need to buy another sage plant; my last one became quite old and woody. Oh, and I think I've got majoram somewhere :D And that's about the limit of herbs I use (besides the basil and coriander)

I love home grown cucumber; so much sweeter than the store bought ones. And good luck with the butternut - one of my favourite veg! x
meriad

Postby Kaz » 25 May 2016, 16:48

Home grown cucumbers are lovely, so tasty :) Jeff put some in, so we are sorted again this year :D
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 26 May 2016, 10:36

That's very kind Ria - I'll see if we can find some here first. Apparently, the hardware shop in Castro Verde usually stocks them.
tonicha

Postby meriad » 26 May 2016, 11:21

fingers crossed, but let me know if they don't xx
meriad

Postby saundra » 15 Jun 2016, 15:40

The slugs and snails are just loving all my bedding plants munching away gggrrr
saundra

Postby Kaz » 15 Jun 2016, 20:13

:x You need to bury a jar of cider, up to the rim, for them to fall into!
Kaz

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens