New bedding and curtains PHOTOS

For our homes and gardens

New bedding and curtains PHOTOS

Postby Kaz » 11 Sep 2016, 21:40

for mine and Mick's bedroom :) I decided to treat us, seeing as the new carpets will be down soon, and got all of this from the Bedeck shop on the Quays :) Double duvet cover, the damson coloured throw, pillow cases, and two sets of curtains as we have two bedroom windows :D They didn't have the cushion but I can wait for that to come into stock ;)

I've wanted rid of my bedroom curtains for ages, they weren't the best choice as they are too similar in colour to the bedroom walls, and I've had my eye on this set for a while as it's been on display in the shop window :D :) Been ages since I bought new bedding as well 8-)
Kaz

Re: New bedding and curtains

Postby Ally » 12 Sep 2016, 08:31

Oh that's lovely Kaz. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JoM » 12 Sep 2016, 12:54

I really like that, the colours are gorgeous!
We need new bedding, it's something I haven't bought for a while either.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal » 12 Sep 2016, 13:34

I can't see anything.....

They sound lovely though Kaz - I love bedlinen 8-) But it HAS to be pure cotton, I bought two sets recently that have a high polyester content and they slip about all over the place!
Gal

Postby JoM » 12 Sep 2016, 13:42

Same here Gal, we stopped overnight at John's Mom's house after the wedding the other week and I don't think I've ever slept so badly in my life - the duvet cover was polyester and the duvet itself was bunched up in one corner in the morning.

JoM

Postby Kaz » 12 Sep 2016, 16:10

It is 100% cotton, well the duvet cover and pillowcases are :) Gal is the link not working for you? Click on where it says this, in the second sentence of my OP. It should be hyperlinked in blue?
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 12 Sep 2016, 17:58

It's really lovely :D

Only cotton for us too, too damned hot otherwise!
I really, really need to buy some more. Our favourite set (of two!) is the one I bought when I first got a bed in my flat...the year 2000 :oops: :D
Diflower

Postby JoM » 12 Sep 2016, 18:50

I have two sets which I bought when we were at the old house so they're at least six years old. I did buy a new set when we had new bedroom furniture 18 months ago but it's got a lot of grey on it and seems a bit dull.

JoM

Postby Ally » 12 Sep 2016, 20:16

This has got me wanting new bed linen too! :lol: :lol:

Although it's been months since we had the duvet on as we've just been sleeping on a fitted bottom sheet. :lol:

Our bedroom is pure white everywhere so the bed stuff we do have is bright and bold. :lol: :lol:

Think it's time for a visit to Dunnes at La Trocha as they usually have some lovely stuff. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 12 Sep 2016, 20:33

Whoops, seems I've started something :oops: :P :lol:

The last set I bought was from Primark, a couple of years ago, so I think it was time for something a bit nicer :lol: That set is cotton, reversible, a plummy colour one side, and cream with a plum 'stag' pattern on the other, and is fine really - I tend to alternate it with a very nice BHS set in cream with big embroidered flowers on it, but that one is at least 6 or seven years old as I bought it in the BHS when we lived in Staines :roll: :lol:
Kaz

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens