Sky tv

For our homes and gardens

Sky tv

Postby Gal » 23 Nov 2016, 18:20

I've had Sky since 2000....we upgraded about 5 years ago (I think) and got a HD box - Tom uses the multiroom facility for when he watches racing in the conservatory.

I had a deal (apparently) for 10 months which meant I got HD, multiroom and Box Sets (whatever that is) for £37.50 a month, we don't have Sports or Movies. Today I checked my bank account and they have taken £47.50 out! After many attempts to get through to a rep on the phone, I finally managed to speak to a REAL person, who informed me that the 10 months deal I got was up, hence the extra bill and oh I wsn't able to cancel or get it any cheaper until the contract was up at the end of December.

People at work have been talking about a Kodi box, Jan has one and she also has a Freesat recorder. Her tv is a smart one. I'd be really grateful if anyone could shed any light on to what these are (Jan isn't good with techy stuff so couldn't really help - nor am I!) - all I do know is they are a one-off payment and nothing else to pay. I want out of Sky - they're a rip off. Jan cancelled her Sky account when she got the new stuff, now she has been contacted by them offering her 70% off if she goes back! She said no, of course!

Thanks x
Gal

Re: Sky tv

Postby Gal » 24 Nov 2016, 18:21

Nobody know? :(
Gal

Postby molly » 24 Nov 2016, 18:49

I just use a freeview box gal. It records too.
molly

Postby Gal » 24 Nov 2016, 19:02

I think that's what we will be getting Molly - thank you x

Do you have a link please?
Gal

Postby Kaz » 24 Nov 2016, 19:06

Sorry hunny didn't mean to ignore, but I've never heard of a Kodi box so didn't have any advice about them xxxx
Kaz

Postby molly » 24 Nov 2016, 20:36

Hi Gal

I bought mine in John Lewis but they don't stock my one any more.

http://www.johnlewis.com/search?Ntt=fre ... id=1303194

These are the ones they have at the moment……just make sure you get one with twin tuners so you can record one and watch the other or record two programmes at once.

They will do free next day delivery to your nearest Waitrose or John Lewis. :D
molly

Postby Gal » 25 Nov 2016, 16:58

Thanks Molly! :D
Gal

Postby JoM » 26 Nov 2016, 13:43

I think Kodi is the one, from the snippets I've picked up from John and Joe, where you download an app onto the box and and can get channels you'd normally pay a subscription to for free...which isn't exactly legal.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 26 Nov 2016, 15:34

Oooh right! :shock: Maybe a bit dodgy then Gal? I'd go for Freeview I think ;)
Kaz

Postby Weka » 30 Nov 2016, 07:33

We have Kodi, but it's not a box, and only plays prerecorded stuff it doesn't have a tuner. So I'm pretty sure I can't offer anything to that part of the conversation as I'm sure it is different.
We have an old TiVo which I love and dread the day it dies. It's just so easy to use. It has 2 tuners, there are times I wish it had 3.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens