Ooo errrr...

For our homes and gardens

Ooo errrr...

Postby Ally » 16 Jul 2017, 22:02

....hubby & I have done nothing but talk and reflect after receiving news of John's death yesterday and have agreed to get our house valued. :?

We adore our home. It's massive....but that was ok when the lads lived here. Now we feel it's time to downsize.

Probably the right time and the right decision...but we've both spent all evening reminiscing about the joy we've had living here.

#confused
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Ooo errrr...

Postby JanB » 17 Jul 2017, 09:37

Always a huge decision Ally.

Have it valued, then look around at all different types of places before you commit to selling.

But enjoy looking.

I never thought I'd live in a 2 bed, 1 bathroom house, but love it.

Can't wait to get the other bathroom done though :lol: :lol:
JanB

Postby saundra » 17 Jul 2017, 16:17

Don't blame you ally I can never understand these house programs where older people (no offence) upgrade to 4/5 bedroomplaces enjoy looking it's an adventure :lol:
saundra

Postby TheOstrich » 17 Jul 2017, 16:31

Sometimes, you just know it's right .... we relocated and downsized last year after Master O decided to move out.

But you're under no time pressure to make a move, so go out and make sure you find the property that works for you both best ....
TheOstrich

Postby manxie » 17 Jul 2017, 19:32

I agree with the others go for it.

We downsized almost 3 years ago from a 16 room house to a three bedroomed dormer bungalow, and like you we were in the old house for almost 35 years and all the kids grew up there so I know what you mean about the emotional ties.

I am glad we did now, even thought we haven't yet sold and parted with the big house, I am almost loathe to sell it in a way because of all the memories in it.

However our memories will go anywhere we go even if we end up in a 2 bed flat or bungalow at ground level (can't do stairs these days)

I too would be looking round with the future in mind if either of you needs a place on the level with no stairs, not that I am wishing any misfortune on you lol, but if you look now while you are not under pressure to find what you want it will be much more fun.

I am leaning to a new flat in a new development with a sea view close to all we need so I can also cut down on all the driving I do now.

Manxie xx
manxie

Postby Kaz » 17 Jul 2017, 21:18

Big decision indeed Ally, but as has been said, take your time. You have no work or time pressures on you, so can afford to look around. I seem to remember you saying once about a beautiful apartment by the sea, or did I imagine that - as is entirely possible :lol: :oops:

New adventure! :D 8-)
Kaz

Postby Ally » 17 Jul 2017, 21:53

Kaz wrote:Big decision indeed Ally, but as has been said, take your time. You have no work or time pressures on you, so can afford to look around. I seem to remember you saying once about a beautiful apartment by the sea, or did I imagine that - as is entirely possible :lol: :oops:

New adventure! :D 8-)

You remember right Kaz - I would love an apartment by the sea (Conor would think I'm stalking him! :lol: )

If we did that I'd be driving in to work every day though (only half an hour each way) but as I can walk to work in 10 minutes I really don't fancy that now. :lol:

I'd love a flat here in our town and one by the sea for weekends. :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Diflower » 18 Jul 2017, 07:58

Both with access to decent pools :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 18 Jul 2017, 08:24

Now that sounds perfect! :D
Kaz

Postby JoM » 18 Jul 2017, 12:47

My immediate thought when I read this was about your dream apartment by the sea...although didn't Don fancy a doer-upper?

I can understand why you wouldn't want the drive to work when you can walk there, living where you are now. I do like the sound of the two apartments though! That's an excellent idea!

We had a lot of fun in our old house and when we lived there I could never imagine moving but really it was something we had to do as we'd outgrown it and it just wasn't practical for us anymore. We had three bedrooms and the smallest, Joe's room, was tiny. There was room for a bed, a small bookcase and a baby sized wardrobe. He couldn't have a full sized one because there was a step up into his room so it wasn't full height, and the ceiling sloped too which made it even more of a challenge. The mind boggles now at the thought of how he would've managed in there now at 17 and 6ft tall :lol: Funnily enough he's the one who always says that he misses the house and has even said that he'd love to buy it should it come up for sale when he's older :lol:

Good luck in whatever you decide to do! xxx

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens