Crocus and others

For our homes and gardens

Crocus and others

Postby cruiser2 » 03 Mar 2013, 19:29

Have got crocus flowering and some narcissus with flowers which should open soon now the warmer weather is coming. Good to see some colour after the winter.
cruiser2

Re: Crocus and others

Postby Diflower » 03 Mar 2013, 21:10

It dies help to cheer you up doesn't it Cruiser?
We have snowdrops out, crocuses up but buds not opened, and anemones the same.
Plus a hyacinth I chucked in the garden after it had flowered in the house last year has come up and has a big fat bud :)

At the front there are a few little narcissus out, which we've never planted, not sure where they've come from!
Diflower

Postby Aggers » 06 Mar 2013, 00:02

Our local park has lots of crocuses and snowdrops in bloom now.

Perhaps Spring is on its way.
Aggers

Postby Diflower » 06 Mar 2013, 00:24

The crocuses have been open with the sun today, they do look pretty, I must get some more for next year :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 06 Mar 2013, 09:13

My bulbs are coming up :) We have some daffs at the front, round the edge of the low iron railings, and I planted loads of mixed spring flowers in the tubs in my back garden, and they are peeking through from under the winter flowering pansies and similar that have been there all winter......

I planted crocus, narcissi, iris, daffs, tulips - can't wait to see what flowers :D
Kaz

Postby TheOstrich » 08 Mar 2013, 00:28

Our purple crocuses suddendly all came out last Monday when we had a bit of sun. They've shut up shop now it's gone grey and cold again!

We've had a small number of snowdrops and winter pansies out for some time, and there are minature daffodils flowering in our local public gardens.
TheOstrich

Return to Homes and Gardens