Fabric scraps

For our homes and gardens

Fabric scraps

Postby meriad » 01 Dec 2012, 11:58

I wasn't sure if this should be here or on Home and Garden so Mods, please feel free to move it if you prefer.

this is a bit of a daft one :oops: - I have one pair of old black jeans and a pair of old black cord trousers which are beyond repair. I can obviously chuck them but just wondering if anyone knows of an organisation that collects old scraps of fabric to reuse for things like patches, crafts etc.

I've also got two cut offs of curtains that were too long - thick white cotton; again - happy to chuck or use for cleaning rags but if someone has use I'd rather post them off.
meriad

Re: Fabric scraps

Postby Kaz » 01 Dec 2012, 11:59

Hope you don't mind me moving it Meri - I need the practise on this new forum :oops: :lol: Ilve left it here too though as what is called a shadow topic so it can be seen both on here and the H&G board - again for the practise :oops: :lol:
Kaz

Postby Teaspoon » 01 Dec 2012, 13:40

Our local Hospice charity take any state of clothes. The good quality, they sell. The usable but unsellable goes to the needy abroad (I think) and the rest is used for "rags" (although they're not allowed to say rags now :roll: )
Teaspoon

Postby meriad » 01 Dec 2012, 14:25

ooh, that is clever Kaz, so the topic stays where originally posted but automatically directs to the right board once clicked on - I like!!!! :)

Teaspoon, I have a bag of stuff I am taking to the local Hospice charity as well so I'll ask them if they can use the scraps for something; thanks for the head-up on that. :)
meriad

Postby Lesley101 » 03 Dec 2012, 09:50

I think you will find that most of your local charity shops will take them for their 'rag bag' , as the rags are sold on by weight.
Lesley101

Postby meriad » 03 Dec 2012, 10:50

I didn't know they do that Lesley - I always thought they only take the stuff they can sell in their shops? Good to know if they can use scaps and make money out of it, thanks! :)
meriad

Return to Homes and Gardens