Houses for sale

For our homes and gardens

Re: Houses for sale

Postby JoM » 12 Nov 2017, 20:15

Not half as funny as the time they had to dress up as a child from another country (which parents, on the whole, hated and most kids used as an excuse to go as Americans in jeans and a Gap sweatshirt), and Oliver walked across the playground, proudly followed by his mother, at home time in full Scottish national dress - playing bagpipes :shock:

Years ago I loved a bath, and in our old house it was the warmer option in Winter as the bathroom was always freezing despite the radiator being on full so a shower wasn't pleasant. I'd be the same as your mom Kaz, a cuppa and a book and I'd lie there until the water cooled and then top it up with hot.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 12 Nov 2017, 20:37

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 12 Nov 2017, 23:22

Yep that’s me. I never turn the hot tap off too tightly so I can turn it with my foot for a top up
miasmum

Postby Osc » 12 Nov 2017, 23:37

JoM wrote:Talking of baths, I'm coming up to the 2nd anniversary of when I last had one

Pshaw......that's nothing! It must be 8 or 9 years since I had one! We had an original roll top in our old house, and we got a big job done on the bathroom, including installing a walk in shower. At the same time, we had the bath resurfaced and I never had a bath in it after that! All that candles/glass of wine/reading while wallowing in rapidly cooling water does nothing for me. Actually I think my last bath was 13 or 14 years ago on Good Friday, we had helped some friends clear their garden on a very cold and damp day and I got thoroughly chilled. The wife was an aromatherapist and mixed some warming oils for me to put in a bath when I got home, that was my last time!
Osc

Postby Kaz » 13 Nov 2017, 09:31

I actually can't remember my last bath :? :lol: With my skin problems baths can be an issue anyway, so if I took one I would still have to shower afterwards to make sure my skin was completely rinsed off. I shower with Sanex 0% gel then smother myself in Diprobase cream. Can't use nice toiletries any more :roll:

So it's just as well that I prefer showering anyway ;) :lol:
Kaz

Postby Ally » 13 Nov 2017, 13:54

I think I might win the 'when was the last time I had a bath' competition. :lol: :lol:

Saturday 30th August 2003! :lol:

The day before we moved to live in Spain. :lol:

We'd left our house and spent two nights at my sister's before the big move...they lived in Bedfordshire and we were flying from Luton so it made sense. :lol:

I can still remember lying in her bath, gazing around me and thinking Jeez...we're moving to Spain in the morning! 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby JanB » 13 Nov 2017, 16:01

This could get interesting.

https://brightmovesalentejo.pt/property/bm1019/

At the moment, the only access is across our land, as the bottom part of that land - and the middle ;) - flood every year. The electric would have to go across our land too.

We're off to see our solicitor later this week.

Would have polite of the English owners to let us know, rather than we find out by chance.
JanB

Postby JoM » 13 Nov 2017, 16:19

:o Really hope the solicitor can sort this quickly Jan! Terrible of the owners not to let you know, good thing you did come across it though.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 13 Nov 2017, 19:09

Oh blimey Jan! :o Hope this gets sorted out!
Kaz

Postby Weka » 15 Nov 2017, 05:55

You might still get a house bargain if you move to the provinces, but certainly not in the main cities anymore.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens