Houses for sale

For our homes and gardens

Re: Houses for sale

Postby Kaz » 13 Jul 2017, 20:35

Good grief!This house is just around the corner from us, and has exactly the same layout - look at that price :o It's £100k more than we paid, five years ago!

I don't think they will get FAP, but even if they get anywhere near that is some price rise!
Kaz

Postby JanB » 14 Jul 2017, 17:54

A friends house up for sale.

But what is it with the Portuguese estate agents and rubbish pictures :cute: :cute:

http://kazaraum.com/properties/magnific ... 3-ourique/
JanB

Postby Diflower » 14 Jul 2017, 21:39

That's a similar increase as that one here Kaz!
Amazing isn't it.

Ton yes, rubbish pictures, they seem to think the land is the important bit :cute:
Diflower

Postby JoM » 14 Jul 2017, 22:10

We've noticed prices are shooting up around here too, and houses are selling very quickly on the estate.

This one has come on the market in the last week or so. They're asking £55,000 more than it sold for, as a new build, less than four years ago. The estate agent's used a bit of trickery as it's really not that big a house. I nosed through the windows a few times when it was still empty as the shape intrigued me. They've managed to hide the electricity substation which is right next to the garage at the bottom of the garden (and it doesn't have a double garage although the photo implies it has, the garage is semi detached, for want of a better description, and is half owned by another household) and the position isn't good. It's right on the A34 so there's heavy traffic going past constantly. I'm always surprised how noisy it is along there.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67600313.html

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 15 Jul 2017, 18:20

No, not very good pictures at all Jan, I can see what Di is saying about the land!

Di, yes, amazing hikes in prices :shock:

Jo they can be a little economical with the truth! I don't know why they do it really, as it is annoying to go and view a place, only to find it disappointing :? :roll:
Kaz

Postby JanB » 15 Jul 2017, 21:42

The land is not ideal and she lives next to 2 very vicious dogs - they managed to get through the fence recently and savaged one of her dogs, so much so that it had to be put down.

No pool and the track to it is worse than ours :shock:

All in all, I'll stick with mine, thank you ;)
JanB

Postby JoM » 16 Aug 2017, 12:11

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-49815354.html

This one is just around the corner from us, our joined on neighbours moved to here from the one joined on to the one above. Looking at the pics baffled me as I couldn't work out the bedrooms as I was counting six but when I looked at the floor plan I could see that they're using what's meant to be the dining room, the downstairs front room, as the fifth bedroom and it looks like the room above the garage has two beds in it but in the photographs it looks like two different rooms.

When we were looking at houses to buy it was between the one we have which was our first choice or, if the mortgage was going to be a bit of a stretch, there was one to fall back on in a similar style to the one for sale which was is just across the road from it. The interior was totally different though.

JoM

Postby Kaz » 17 Aug 2017, 20:11

A couple of those rooms are a bit narrow, and not sure I'd fancy that downstairs bedroom! Easy enough to convert back I guess ;)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 18 Aug 2017, 01:37

I'd actually wondered how they fitted everyone in there, they're a big family! I suppose the only way was to convert the dining room into a bedroom, I wouldn't fancy sleeping in there either.

JoM

Postby Kaz » 18 Aug 2017, 09:16

Well clearly the hike in prices here is definitely a trend, not just the vendor and estate agent from that last one I posted about chancing their luck, as I'd thought! :shock:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 50298.html

Not the same layout as ours, not double fronted for a start, but a nice house all the same :) Quite nicely decorated and nice garden, however the reason why the gardens on that side are slightly bigger than ours is because they back onto the railway line! In fact when I get the train home from Brum it goes right past there, almost slowly enough to jump off :lol: :lol:
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens