Houses for sale

For our homes and gardens

Re: Houses for sale

Postby JoM » 08 Jul 2016, 00:17

It is nice but I much prefer the style of yours. This one actually looks quite small. We've got some like that on our estate. It'll be interesting to see what it actually sells for once a sale goes through, I wonder if they're looking for a quick sale with it being empty?
I prefer a kitchen/diner too. We've got a table in our kitchen plus a breakfast bar, hence why what should be the dining room has a sofa, chair and TV in there :lol:

This is the house next door to the one I posted earlier http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-53055997.html
It sold for just under £227,000 nearly 4 years ago. You can sort of see the road layout. The photographer must've picked his time well as there are usually cars parked all along the road.

Incidentally, the house that you can see the back of on the left is three doors along from us, and the path onto the common runs alongside the house which you can see the front of on the right ;) The other house we looked at buying was two doors to the left of this one.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 08 Jul 2016, 09:08

I think you're right about it seeming small, it must be quite dark too inside, because of the layout. Our house has a ton of light even on dull days, it's one of the things we first noticed and we viewed it in January/early Feb :) My friend Emma knows our next door neighbour (the one round the corner) and says our house is so much lighter than hers, as she has the separate dining room layout ;) I think they probably are going for a quick sale, houses on here don't stay on for long so it should sell soon.

I can see what you mean about the road, from that link :shock: Not sure I really like the layout of that house, there's not a lot of living space, is there, for a five bed house, and some of the bedrooms are a bit small :? I sometimes think we could do with a bit bigger living space, and have thought about extending out into an 'open' conservatory, but we need the garden space really, with the dogs.
Kaz

Postby JoM » 08 Jul 2016, 11:24

Oh yes, I bet it is quite dark. Becky and Nicky both live in the semi next to ours, but are around the corner. Our drive is next to Becky's though and quite often we go out and can see that they've both got their lights on yet there's been no need in our house. Like yours, it's lovely and bright. We're lucky with how it's positioned I think.

Saying that though, it's like Blackpool in here now Tom's home. A few times he's gone to bed after us and I've got up the next morning and found all of the kitchen lights on, the upstairs living room, the hall and both landings.

JoM

Postby Kaz » 08 Jul 2016, 19:25

:lol: :lol: Becky has done that here a few times - drives Mick mad :ugeek: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, we are on a corner, facing an open field - I'm sure that helps with the light situation :)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 18 Jul 2016, 15:33

The detached house I posted is back on the market, such a shame as they first put it up for sale last Autumn, but a sold sign went up on the end terrace last week so that was on the market for less than a fortnight.

JoM

Postby Kaz » 18 Jul 2016, 16:50

Aw, what a disappointment for them!
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 20 Jul 2016, 22:06

Hopefully, this will be Julia's new house.

http://www.romans.co.uk/Property-to-buy ... 5SN/113306

As I said to her, you could buy a village for that price over here :shock: :shock:
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 20 Jul 2016, 22:10

That would cost about a third of that here :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm not shocked as Windsor prices are very similar to Egham, but that is a lot of money!!
Kaz

Postby tonicha » 20 Jul 2016, 22:19

They offered 61,000 and it was accepted :D :Hi: :shock: :shock:

They want to make the kitchen bigger, by going in to the dining room bit and will, in about 5 years time, extend upstairs too.

At least there will be a room for us, if we ever get over ;) :D :D
tonicha

Postby Kaz » 20 Jul 2016, 23:02

:lol: Think you missed a zero on there :D Glad they got a bit off, anyway :lol: :lol: and lovely that they'll have a spare room ;) xxxx
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens