Houses for sale

For our homes and gardens

Re: Houses for sale

Postby miasmum » 10 Nov 2017, 18:12

Every so often I like to look through the big houses for sale. This caught my eye as I thought it looked lovely from the outside, but boy oh boy, Im really not sure what to make of the inside. What do you all reckon?????
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 44657.html
miasmum

Postby JanB » 10 Nov 2017, 19:04

:shock: :shock: :shock: :?
JanB

Postby JoM » 11 Nov 2017, 12:37

What on earth??? :shock:

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 11 Nov 2017, 17:04

My word, that is "busy" :shock: :shock:

I would keep the freestanding rolltop bath, as I've always fancied one ( bit daft, as I never take baths, but there you go :? :lol: ) but otherwise it would need gutting! :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 11 Nov 2017, 22:17

:lol: I'm just the same Kaz, I see some lovely baths and think how nice it'd look and then realise that I only use the shower and the plan is to eventually get rid of the bath altogether :lol:

Talking of baths, I'm coming up to the 2nd anniversary of when I last had one :Hi: Nov 14th 2015. I remember it because me and Joe had been to a charity football match that David Beckham was playing in and it was bitterly cold and raining heavily and by the time we got the train back we'd been out in it for 6 hours so I had a bath to try and warm myself up when I got home :lol:

JoM

Houses for sale

Postby Weka » 12 Nov 2017, 04:48

That interior really is busy. I do love a nice hot deep bath on a cold winters night (but remember we don’t really have heating) I take the iPad in and watch YouTube.

After a few years of ridiculous house price rises they seem to be slowly stabilising. It would be interesting to know what ours is worth now. I’m guessing it’s around $1.4m now. We bought for mid $800k 5 years ago.
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Postby Kaz » 12 Nov 2017, 11:01

Weka, I watch a TV programme here called Wanted Down Under, where families who are thinking of emigrating to either Oz or NZ get a chance to spend a week there, looking at properties, jobs, leisure etc before they decide!

It's been running for about a decade now, and I have seen the property prices skyrocket in that time. When it first started, people were leaving small semis here for large properties with pools etc. Not any more ;)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 12 Nov 2017, 12:54

Not long until the new series I'd have thought Kaz, it's usually January isn't it.

A lot of people on who go on there don't seem to realise that prices have shot up, they go with a wishlist of what they'd like e.g. pool, couple of spare rooms for visitors from the UK, large outside area and a lot of the time their budget will just get them a basic house with a small garden.

Joe had a friend at junior school whose family emigrated to NZ twice in the space of three years and came back each time, they have finally settled there now though! Funnily enough, the first time that they came back their old house was back on the market so they bought it again! Quite a few on the playground were relieved each time they went, they were one of those middle class overly enthusiastic families, Joe never forgave Oliver's mother for going into school and saying that she didn't think that the class were being given enough homework when they were 7 :lol:

Weka, if you ever run into the Deakin family, RUN!!! :P

JoM

Postby miasmum » 12 Nov 2017, 15:38

I wont even look at a holiday let for a week unless it has a bath. When we went to Kent I agreed to one with just a shower and then spent the whole cold week wishing I could have a bath, so never again
miasmum

Postby Kaz » 12 Nov 2017, 20:01

:lol: Jo, that's hilarious! ;)

Shell, my mum was the same, she loved a good soak, and would often take a book, and either a cuppa or a glass of something into the bathroom with her :)
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens