Carpet tiles.

For our homes and gardens

Carpet tiles.

Postby Workingman » 06 Oct 2018, 17:24

The local glory hole has some commercial quality carpet tiles in chocolate, dark cream and oatmeal colours. They are about 1½ cm thick and in three layers - a hard back, an underlay type layer and a bristle carpet top. They work out at £5 per square metre.

So, please, does anybody have any experience of these types of carpet tiles? I have used the B&Q floppy ones before and they were a sod to lay right and stay down. The floor needed a hardboard base and contact glue, but these things are a different animal.

I need about 8 sq/m for my office space so there is not much traffic. Ideas and advice much appreciated.
Workingman

Re: Carpet tiles.

Postby Ally » 29 Oct 2018, 16:19

Oh sorry Frank..I've only just seen this. :oops:

And even then I can't help...not had carpets for about two decades.

Soz. X
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 29 Oct 2018, 16:58

I've never had carpet tiles, sorry Frank xx
Kaz

Postby manxie » 29 Oct 2018, 22:06

I have used the commercial carpet tiles often and they beat most floor coverings hands downthey have an advantage that you can lift and relay them because no adhesive so the door area that gets most actionyou just lift 4,6,10 and relay them where you have little foot traffic, at £5 a square metre they are a steal, hint buy extra if you can afford to and keep laid flat as spares. spilled paint wine etc just luift a peice and put down another

Manxie xx
manxie

Return to Homes and Gardens