So far so good!

For our homes and gardens

Re: So far so good!

Postby Gal2 » 17 Feb 2021, 20:48

Kaz he’s doing a fine job!! Looking awesome!!

I’m in the opposite camp regarding baths though. I’d never give up my bath, I look upon having a long hot bath as my ultimate pleasure, it’s soooo relaxing. Showers are great to freshen up, but give me a bath any day! ;)
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby miasmum » 17 Feb 2021, 23:33

Me too Gal. I’m a bath addict. It’s getting harder and harder to find holiday lets with baths

That looks lovely Kaz
miasmum

Postby jenniren » 18 Feb 2021, 01:38

It looks lovely Kaz. The first thing we did here was to have a walk in shower installed and as things have turned out thank goodness we did.
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 18 Feb 2021, 10:10

Jen I'm trying to persuade D to have one, at the moment she uses the shower over the bath and can't have baths any more as she can't get out. She's a very petite lady, around 9 stone, but doesn't have the puff to pull herself up any more :( So she uses the shower, and has an anti-slip mat, but I do worry about her slipping stepping out over the bath :(

I know a lot of people, women in particular, love a long soak, but my skin issues make a shower far more comfortable. My mum used to find a good soak in Dead Sea salts helped hers, but I tried them once and it stung like mad :shock:
Kaz

Postby Gal2 » 18 Feb 2021, 17:38

miasmum wrote:Me too Gal. I’m a bath addict. It’s getting harder and harder to find holiday lets with baths

We find the same - that's the first thing we look for, especially at The Lakes as they're great after a hike to soothe aching muscles! 8-)

Kaz that sounds painful - I suppose like most things, it's down to individual tastes :D x
Gal2
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 18 Feb 2021, 19:58

Definitely :D
Kaz

Postby JanB » 18 Feb 2021, 20:35

No room for a bath here and I wouldn't want one any more, not with Gladys.
JanB

Postby miasmum » 18 Feb 2021, 22:29

Gal2 wrote:
miasmum wrote:Me too Gal. I’m a bath addict. It’s getting harder and harder to find holiday lets with baths

We find the same - that's the first thing we look for, especially at The Lakes as they're great after a hike to soothe aching muscles! 8-)

When we went to Kent it was May and the places were more expensive being nearer to London I suppose, so I settled on just a shower. I thought it will be fine in May. I was frozen to the bone and all I could think of was I wish I could have a nice long bath. Learnt my lesson, now I refuse to compromise
miasmum

Postby JoM » 19 Feb 2021, 11:04

Kaz wrote:Jen I'm trying to persuade D to have one, at the moment she uses the shower over the bath and can't have baths any more as she can't get out. She's a very petite lady, around 9 stone, but doesn't have the puff to pull herself up any more :( So she uses the shower, and has an anti-slip mat, but I do worry about her slipping stepping out over the bath :(

I know a lot of people, women in particular, love a long soak, but my skin issues make a shower far more comfortable. My mum used to find a good soak in Dead Sea salts helped hers, but I tried them once and it stung like mad :shock:

My parents replaced their bath with a walk in shower, they had one over the bath before. John’s Mom did the same. I’m so glad they all did.
I hope you can persuade D x

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JoM » 19 Feb 2021, 11:06

miasmum wrote:
Gal2 wrote:

When we went to Kent it was May and the places were more expensive being nearer to London I suppose, so I settled on just a shower. I thought it will be fine in May. I was frozen to the bone and all I could think of was I wish I could have a nice long bath. Learnt my lesson, now I refuse to compromise

In our old house our bathroom was always chilly and there was no way I’d use the shower in the Winter.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens