As part of my rehabilitation

For our homes and gardens

Re: As part of my rehabilitation

Postby miasmum » 21 Jul 2021, 21:22

That pool is a real WOW
miasmum

Postby Suff » 23 Jul 2021, 20:06

Not quite Jo, it is all plants and it doesn't give too much shade as the sun comes around the garden the other way, over the buildings, then over the house. We do have quite a few shady spots around though.

mm, the pool is a semi interred overground pool. It is now around 12 years old and was bought for €1,000 with pump, groundsheet and both covers. That's the main WOW factor.

It's a lot of work but when you get in it, as I did today from my 29c office, there is nothing like it.

Rain tomorrow though. Good for the grass, not so good for humans who want to use the pool. :( :(
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Postby meriad » 28 Jul 2021, 15:10

Wowzer Suff, that is all looking absolutely amazing! Well done you and Mrs S
meriad

Postby Workingman » 31 Jul 2021, 18:45

I don't usually come in here but the cursor jumped as I was clicking the techy board. :roll:

Got to say it is looking pretty good Suff, just a tad of an improvement... keep at it. ;) Actually it is looking brill. :D :D :D

My mate has a place near Lodève in the SW, Beziers area. Last time I was there was in 2012 and he had been at it for nearly seven years. I don't know what your ground is like but his is like concrete - it broke my back pick-axing and wheelbarrowing day by day and I was supposed to be on holiday :shock: Yours does not look that much better.

Get rid of the pond and put a bouleodrome and a Pastis table in and it's perfect. Don't go for Absinthe it really does ruin your game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby cromwell » 19 Sep 2021, 14:39

Just caught up with this Suff; good work (and lots of it!)
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Suff » 22 Feb 2022, 17:47

Sorry all, missed all of this.

The pool cost €1,000 in a deal from Auchan 15 years ago. I've had to replace the liner once and the filter several times. It's now 4 ft under ground.

We semi interred the pool about 7 years ago, this keeps it out of the tax bracket but solves a lot of other problems above ground pools have.

The ground here is OK in winter and spring but in summer really solidifies. No way of getting a pick through some of it. When we had the pool dug out I let Mrs S do the dimensions. Then had to hire a pneumatic spade and work for 2 weeks, one week digging and one week barrowing earth out, to get the pool to fit.

Right now it's a bit of a shambles but the grass is doing OK ish. A bit yellowed over the winter but still hanging in there.

We're going to look at volunteers this year once the restrictions ease up.
Suff

Postby JanB » 22 Feb 2022, 20:08

Use workaway bods Suff, if you can.
JanB

Postby Suff » 22 Feb 2022, 21:47

Especially as I have to start travelling now between the UK and France.

Also I managed to get my little finger between the 4lb lump hammer and the iron bound "persuader" I was using to force the pine tongue and groove flooring, so I'm sort of walking wounded and my work output has dropped a bit. Workaway will help a lot.

I'm doing about a meter of flooring a morning right now before I go to work. It should all be done (for the wood we have), by end of Saturday. Lot of other work still to do, doors, speakers, up on the roof and fit the new 8 way lnb then put ends on the 8 cables. Fit the new TV arriving on Thursday to the new wall bracket which has already arrived, wire the two network cables back into my room and finish the wiring for the two reclining seats which are sitting there covered to protect them.

I forgot, once Mrs S paints the cast iron radiator, fit it and plumb it into the central heating.

Suff

Postby JanB » 22 Feb 2022, 22:03

Books :Hi: :Hi:

dribble dribble :lol:
JanB

Postby Suff » 23 Feb 2022, 17:24

These are only some. There are over 2,000 books in the room. :D :D
Suff

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens