The Kitchen

For our homes and gardens

The Kitchen

Postby Suff » 14 Apr 2013, 20:31

It is nearly done and we've finally had the bamboo worksurfaces fitted that have been sitting under the spare bedroom bed since last year. We still have to do something with the sink, probably a newer smaller one and the tiles replaced, but it's nearly there.

The whole Kitchen folder is here if you want to look at the history of the renovations.

the photo's are below

There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Re: The Kitchen

Postby Kaz » 14 Apr 2013, 21:45

I like the blue door fronts 8-) :)
Kaz

Postby Suff » 14 Apr 2013, 22:12

Mrs S' choice. She built them and painted them....

Talented lady.
Suff

Postby debih » 14 Apr 2013, 22:15

I love the colours Suff and I especially love the marble inset in the island.

But that light - OMG. Now that is to die for. I have been wondering what sort of thing to get for my dining room and I think I may just have found it! Just need to persuade Mick now.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Diflower » 14 Apr 2013, 22:42

Suff that's looking lovely, really pretty but practical too :)
And I do agree with Debih about that light ;)
Diflower

Postby JoM » 14 Apr 2013, 23:02

Really love that Suff...the colours, the style...everything! That light is amazing! :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby JoM » 14 Apr 2013, 23:07

I'm looking through your picture folder, the floor is lovely and I'm amazed by the storage unit on the wall to the left of the door in the picture where it's shown without it's doors. I love how everything can be seen so easily! Such a practical kitchen.
What is the black cylindrical object which looks like it lifts out of the island?

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Suff » 14 Apr 2013, 23:24

The light is B&Q from Castorama in France.

I have to admit the majority of the ideas and style for the kitchen are from Mrs S.

The ceiling has been dropped nearly a foot and all the wiring has been hidden for all the lights. The three zones (central and sink, Worksurfaces and cupboards), are all new.

It is the 3rd remake but it's the best.

The oven housing was a real disaster. I made it. The cupboard over the top of it is an addition and houses the microwave. Mrs S brought the new cooker and dishwasher back before Christmas. I came home and went to build the housing for the cooker, only to find the manufacturer had mislabelled the oven and we only had a single, not a double. I had to measure the single oven then get the measurements for it off the web. Then I got the measurements for the double oven off the web and made the same extension to the calculations then made the housing. We got the oven on Christmas Eve at 4pm. Fortunately the oven fitted....

It's taken a while but I think it's worth it. The box with the blue front you can see on the island is actually a baguette bread box and belongs in the slot next to the back door. More of Mrs S' good ideas...
Suff

Postby Diflower » 14 Apr 2013, 23:38

JoM wrote:What is the black cylindrical object which looks like it lifts out of the island?

I think it's sockets Jo - brill, isn't it :D
My ex inlaws had an island with something similar, even though it was a lot of yonks ago :)
Diflower

Postby Weka » 15 Apr 2013, 02:58

What an amazing difference! I love the light, I want one too. I wonder if the sell anything like it locally?
I really love how the kitchen is laid out. So practical looking, and love how the cupboards go to the ceiling.

How did mrs s paint them? Is it spray paint? The finish looks amazing, and yourve really to my brain thinking.....
Everything happens for a reason
Weka

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens