For our homes and gardens

Re: One step forward

Postby JoM » 19 Mar 2022, 19:51

What an amazing transformation :D

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Re: One step forward

Postby Suff » 21 Mar 2022, 01:48

Thanks Jo. It has been quite a labour to get it to where it is.

There is a bit more to it, before I headed for the UK Mrs S cut down two more bookcases to go under the window and I cut the levelling blocks for it and fitted them to the wall. Then we fitted the worktop over them. It was getting ready for stain and varnish when I left.

The other thing I did before I left was to take the top off the low drawer unit and make a worktop top for it. I just didn't get a chance to take photo's before I left. Sure I'll get around to it when I get back in April.

There is still quite a bit to do with Architraving round the window and door and skirting round the whole room. The TV mount can't go in until I get a TV which actually works and measure it all for heights. Then the 5.1 surround system gets wired up and I have to go down into my office and wire in the two network cables into the switches down there.

It will be our relaxing place, just really for us and 2 or 3 of the kids if they are over.

Mind you the rush to get it to a viable state before I came over has my BP through the roof and not helped by forgetting my blood thinners when I came over. Got a new prescription and it's coming back under control now.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Previous

Return to Homes and Gardens