One step forward

For our homes and gardens

One step forward

Postby Suff » 07 Mar 2022, 15:56

Two steps back. Or so it feels.

Today I tackled the result of a connection which started leaking last year. It soaked the wall in the ensuite and leaked out over to the bedroom floor. Which promptly collasped over the last 6 months. I lifted the Laminate today. chipboard totally blown, wet rot on the other wood around it.

I pulled out hte 10" of insulation and it has a dehumidifier in there right now sucking it dry. Over this week I'll be replacing the blown chipboard and laying the laminate back. If I can find it, it is around here "somewhere". But this house is 600m2 and has Loads of nooks and crannies and remains of Laminate all over the place as we've replaced many floors.

It has to be this week. On Sunday I head back to the UK and Mrs S wants it done. And the shower in our bathroom which has a fault and is leaking water when others use our shower but never when we do. I suspect it has fractured one of those winters we were away but only on the selection for the front facing spray which we never use.

Never a dull day/year/decade.
There are 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand Binary and those who do not.
Suff

Re: One step forward

Postby Suff » 08 Mar 2022, 20:05

Getting there though.

If you are wondering why there is a roof in the middle of the window? Work in Progress, it will be lowered by the summer.

The seats are expensive but worth it.
The TV was duff and I have to send it back to Spain and hassle to get the money back. Amazon Europe is crap compared to Amazon UK.
Suff

Postby JanB » 08 Mar 2022, 20:57

Looks really good Suff, well done.

Nooks, books and more books, I wish :lol:

Mine are in boxes in the battery store. No room for more than one book shelf ;)
JanB

Postby Suff » 08 Mar 2022, 21:10

You can imagine Jan, these have been in boxes for about 3 years now. Mrs S has been going doolally missing her books. She's happily ensconced in a book every night at the moment.
Suff

Postby Suff » 08 Mar 2022, 21:17

A bit better than this though.

Some blurry images so only selected a few. Old camera. These were from back in 2017.
Suff

Postby JanB » 08 Mar 2022, 22:25

Suff wrote:Mrs S has been going doolally missing her books. She's happily ensconced in a book every night at the moment.

Lucky lady :D
JanB

Postby Kaz » 08 Mar 2022, 22:25

Nice job!
Kaz

Postby Suff » 09 Mar 2022, 00:04

Mrs S does all the wallpapering and most of the finishing. I did the construction and some of the finishing Mrs S found too hard. I don't plaster though. Still a few things to do, speakers to wire in etc. Literal blood on the flooring when I trailed my little finger on my left hand between the 4lb lump hammer and the steel bound block of wood I use for hammering the flooring into place. Rather difficult typing with it. 2.5 weeks later and it is finally starting to completely grow over.

I love the seats but as I'm virtually always working I'm never sitting in them, too grubby before I go to my desk and too tired after. Mine has two motors, a long back and a short cushion for my short legs. Quite literally I was able to specify every part of it and it was built to order in Germany. The irony is that the tech Luddite, Mrs S, has a chair with battery power and a USB charging socket in it.....

As you can see the radiator still has to be fitted. What you can't see is that the network sockets are still not connected, they wire in down in my office into my business style patch panel.

The unit under where the TV goes was a challenge. That huge subwoofer is in a gap where a drawer should go (IKEA). I built it up, measured it, took it apart and down to my workshop where I "modified" it on the circular saw to fit the woofer. I thought it wasn't going to fit and Mrs S was going to give me a hard time.

Lots still to do, but the back is broken. It will be spring in anger soon and the radiator won't be needed again till the Autumn. So a bit of time to get that fitted in. To the new CH boiler I guess.
Suff

Postby JanB » 09 Mar 2022, 21:55

Just make sure you enjoy all your hard work xx
JanB

Postby Suff » 19 Mar 2022, 16:06

that is something else we're working on now the doors are in. :D :D :D
Suff

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens