Grand-daughter's visit

For our homes and gardens

Grand-daughter's visit

Postby cruiser2 » 03 Jun 2023, 17:13

She came on Tuesday evening because of the train strilkes. Her train from Euston waslate leaving and was 45 minutes late arriving in Wigan. This meant after having a cup
of tea and a naterit was after 11.00 p.m when wer wentto bed.

On Wednesday morning she logged on to her laptop using my wi-fi and startedf working. I was outside in te back garden when she came rushing out to say there was
a phone call for me. It was the consultant who want me to have a face to face consultation with him. He will send the date and time by letter. Then she came out
again to say there was a lady at the front door with a parcel. I was expecting one. The lady from Evri has been manytimes and knows me. She said she did not mind waiting
and understood why Serena would not open the door.
On Thursday we went cruising. It was a lovely day. It was on a canal barge at Pontysyllte. It goes ove the highest aqueduct in the UK. We then had lunch in a pub. Serena
walked across the aqueuct but I didn't think I could make it. In the evening we went to a local pub which serves Italian food. Have been there before.
On Friday morning wentto Chorley. Serena goes in the charity shops . She boughta dress in one and a coat in another. Just aswe sat down to have lunch in a cafe her
mother phoned her. They were talking in Japanese. We were getting strange looks from people near us.
After lunch I wentto have a pedicure and Serena had a full facial. I then took herto the station to catch the last train to Birmingham. She would meet friends as they
are going to an exibition. It will be Tuesday before she gets home.
It was good to see her and we enjoyed our tome together.
cruiser2

Re: Grand-daughter's visit

Postby JanB » 04 Jun 2023, 08:13

Sounds a lovely visit with your grand daughter Cruiser xx
JanB

Postby Kaz » 04 Jun 2023, 17:36

That does all sound lovely :)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 09 Jun 2023, 15:35

That sounds lovely!