Slugs

For our homes and gardens

Slugs

Postby kathy22 » 29 Aug 2013, 13:26

We are finding slugs in the kitchen recently and they seem to be coming from where the kitchen sink is. Does anyone have any ideas of what to put down or if there is a spray at all to keep them out.

Kathy
kathy22

Re: Slugs

Postby Gal » 29 Aug 2013, 14:12

Salt I think I heard works best....hope that helps xx
Gal

Postby kathy22 » 30 Aug 2013, 13:40

Thanks Gal - I have been using that usually by the door as I think that is where they are coming in.

Kathy
kathy22

Postby debih » 30 Aug 2013, 20:28

We have always had a problem with slugs in the kitchen, ever since we moved in here 19 years ago.

I always put it down to the floor but now the kitchen has been done we still get them now and again. We have no idea where they come from - I am hoping that once the flooring is down and the kick boards are on the bottom of the cupboards that might stop them.

But we have a small gap under the kitchen door so maybe they are coming in there. That is another little job on Mick's to do list.

Our neighbour gets them in as well!!!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby meriad » 03 Sep 2013, 14:29

thank goodness I haven't had slugs in the house.... they're bad enough in the garden!

I usually go round first thing in the morning, cup of coffee in the one hand and a cat litter scoop in the other and then I scoop up whatever slugs I find and give them flying lessons into my neighbours garden. It's an overgrown mess of nettles & brambles so I don't feel bad doing that ;)
meriad

Postby kathy22 » 06 Sep 2013, 19:10

:D :D :D :D
Kathy
kathy22

Return to Homes and Gardens