So - tvs...

For our homes and gardens

So - tvs...

Postby Gal » 02 Feb 2014, 17:01

We have just bought a new flat screen tv after having a 'brick' for ever - brilliant clear picture but deep back and weighed a ton!!! :lol:

This new tv is very nice, lightweight, 40" LED HD etc etc (tbh I don't really know what I am supposed to be looking for in a telly, I'm not bothered about having to wear 3D glasses to view and linking it up to my laptop or whatever...and we also have Sky HD plus now)

BUT...

Not sure if to blame the telly but we were watching Silent Witness that I had recorded in the week, and the picture kept going lighter and then darker, willy nilly, as though I had my finger on the Brightness button. This has happened before....also the sound is incredibly 'tinny' compared to "Brick". I have been told I need a sound bar (at a cost!) to make the sound better...is this right, or is it sales talk?

Any advice gratefully received.

Oh PS the other minus is that when the guy came to sort out the Sky in the week, he couldn't get the Sky remote to work the telly, said it wasn't reading the make of telly so we had to continue to use the telly's own remote for that which is ok, but a bit of a pain....the new telly is Bush if that's any help. I wasn't present when it was purchased or I'd have asked many questions!! LOL
Gal

Re: So - tvs...

Postby JoM » 02 Feb 2014, 17:28

We had a sound bar with our last TV, but it was thrown in as part of the deal so I don't know if it was actually needed, we set it up with the sound bar from the start so I never heard it without . The TV we've got now is an LG, it doesn't have one and the sound is fine without it.

As for the Sky remote, have you tried googling about linking the remote to the model number of the TV? See if you can find the code online and try it yourself - it's just a matter of pressing a few numbers on the remote.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Gal » 02 Feb 2014, 23:15

Yes done that Jo - tried several number codes but nothing worked, so when even the Sky bloke couldn't do it ......he told us that Bush don't seem to be compatible with them, and he had a Bush telly as well :roll: :|

Thanks though ;) xx
Gal

Postby Kaz » 03 Feb 2014, 10:39

Silly question probably, but are your leads all pushed in tightly - my picture kept going like that the other week, and it turned out that a lead was loose.....Probably from when Harry was playing the Wii :lol:
Kaz

Postby Gal » 03 Feb 2014, 13:54

Yep - I made doubly sure when the Sky went off last week - that was because of having to use the telly remote as well as the Sky remote and someone had changed the Source setting by accident, hence no picture. I had to google to find out what to do to get it back - I'm really not at all techy minded!!! :oops: :lol: Before googling, I checked all the wiring....we don't have any other stuff going into the telly, only the DVD (which knocks the Source setting off, but at least I know how to put it back!!) and the Sky box :roll:

New technology doesn't necessarily mean a simpler life :roll: ;)
Gal

Postby JoM » 03 Feb 2014, 15:13

Gal, I just had a quick look online and on Sky's forum someone was saying they'd had this problem for 4 years with a Bush TV but had recently tried the code 2155 and it worked.

JoM

Postby Gal » 03 Feb 2014, 15:31

Will give it a go Jo - thank you! :D
Gal

Postby JoM » 03 Feb 2014, 15:51

It's worth a try! It's strange though because Bush TVs are quite popular aren't they!

JoM

Postby Gal » 11 Feb 2014, 19:15

Oops meant to update this - it didn't work :|

But thanks for trying, I googled and there are literally hundreds of different codes! :shock: If I had a day or two with nothing to do, I could probably find it.... :roll: :lol:
Gal

Postby Kaz » 11 Feb 2014, 19:44

Oh what a pain! :x What's the next step then? :?
Kaz

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens