So - tvs...

For our homes and gardens

Re: So - tvs...

Postby Gal » 11 Feb 2014, 21:39

Just have two remotes :| - one for the telly only (volume and on/off) and the Sky for the rest..... :roll:
Gal

Postby Kaz » 12 Feb 2014, 00:01

:roll: :(
Kaz

Postby meriad » 12 Feb 2014, 15:11

My TV in the lounge works (Sony) fine with the Sky remote, but a few years back when I had a 2nd TV in the bedroom (I think it was a Technika - it came from Tesco) that TV also wouldn't work with the Sky remote and the engineer at the time said that there were a few TV's that Sky just wasn't compatible with; which - as you've found out - is just a tad annoying.

thankfully I now only have one TV with one Sky box with one remote :).
meriad

Postby Gal » 19 Feb 2014, 20:09

I'm not happy with this new telly at all. The sound is awful, so terribly tinny - not that I watch a lot of music channels but if I do, the sound is dreadful, as it is when people are speaking :| The picture is ok, not madly wonderful, but the brightness comes and goes willy nilly, especially when the programme is dark, like when you watch a detective series for example when filming is sometimes done at night for 'atmosphere' :|

That, coupled with the blimmin nuisance of having to have two remotes, is driving me mad!

Too late to do anything about it now, just been reading Argos returns policy, and as it is more than 30 days since purchase, looks like I am stuck with it :roll:

What make of tv do you have and would you recommend it?
Gal

Postby Kaz » 19 Feb 2014, 20:17

It sounds faulty to me!!! The returns policy doesn't apply if the goods are faulty! If the picture keeps 'going' like that, it isn't right :?

We have a 40" Samsung and it's really good :)
Kaz

Postby molly » 19 Feb 2014, 20:30

I agree with Kaz…….take it back.
molly

Postby Gal » 19 Feb 2014, 20:36

Hmm well I've been reading some reviews on it from the Argos website and it seems the tinni-ness is fairly standard with this telly and I need to invest in a sound system to eradicate it :|

Would Argos accept it back now though? It's more than 30 days....
Gal

Postby molly » 19 Feb 2014, 21:05

Tell them you can't see the picture sometimes because it is so dark, it is faulty so they shouldn't argue about it. Something must be wrong with the contrast.

We had a TV like that once and unless someone spoke we had no idea if anything was on or not when there were night scenes. :D
molly

Postby Kaz » 19 Feb 2014, 21:10

Yes, what Molly says! The 30 day refund thing is just a courtesy, for if people change their minds - faulty goods come under the year long guarantee that all new electricals come with......
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 19 Feb 2014, 22:09

It doesn't sound good, and tbh nowadays any telly should be pretty good! I agree, tell them it's faulty.
Tell them however much you turn up the brightness it's still dark, and maybe that the sound changes with the brightness, that should do it.
Ours is LG (and cheap!) and we're more than happy with it :)
Diflower

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens