New curtains

For our homes and gardens

Re: New curtains

Postby Gal » 10 Feb 2014, 09:45

Snap!! :lol:

I am gradually replacing my matching dark wood stuff with oaky stuff....so some pieces are light and some dark....we'll get there :)
Gal

Postby Diflower » 10 Feb 2014, 14:34

Yes one day I'll find just what I'm looking for :D

Managed to find cream curtains for the front window though :)
These

Similar to what we have, which is what we wanted. They need to be thinnish as we use them to shield the sun, it comes straight in the bay window in the afternoons. Some in the road have those vertical blinds but I don't really like them, they always look a bit officey :)
Diflower

Postby meriad » 10 Feb 2014, 14:39

Agree re the vertical blinds; my current flat had them when I moved in and it was one of the first things I replaced.

I really like the ones for the French window - very pretty. My lounge is also a mish mash of furniture. Some dark wood effect stuff from next, a very old antique big heavy chest type thing that's in dark wood and then some pine stuff - but it sort of goes.

But I do sort of spot a trend here I think - my colour scheme in the lounge is also reds with browns and creams :)
meriad

Postby Kaz » 10 Feb 2014, 18:18

Di those are my curtains!! LOLOL I have those full length over my patio wndows :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

They look great.................. :D 8-)
Kaz

Postby JoM » 10 Feb 2014, 20:58

Both pairs are lovely Di! :D

We don't have any curtains in this house, just wooden Venetian blinds - you should've heard John swear when I came out of Dunelm with a trolley full and an assistant carrying more to the car. Poor fella had to fit 11 blinds in total, and I didn't get them for every window so it could've been worse :lol:
I don't like vertical blinds either.

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Diflower » 10 Feb 2014, 21:53

Kaz wrote:Di those are my curtains!! LOLOL I have those full length over my patio wndows :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

They look great.................. :D 8-)

Just the job then Kaz :D
I was quite tempted to do the French windows the same, but we have cream there now and it is all a bit plain at the moment. A lot depends on the type of house, doesn't it?
You've seen the pics of our road, you don't have to be old-fashioned, but you can't make them ultra-modern either.
Diflower

Postby Gal » 10 Feb 2014, 22:27

Ah then that's where we differ Di - I hate those Venetian blinds which were everywhere when we moved here, got rid of them pronto, and replaced them with - verticals :D :D

Apart from the patio doors which lead into the conservatory, there are no blinds there, only coffee coloured curtains. I dont have curtains up at the living room window, it's a bit of a headache as it is a half bay and extremely difficult to dress!!! I even had a professional curtain woman out to give me a quote and SHE couldn't give me any ideas!! :roll:

So I have a cream fabric 'pelmet' on a wooden pole along the window top in there....not ideal but I don't like seeing the edges of the verticals :|
Gal

Postby Diflower » 10 Feb 2014, 22:54

The front window is a bay and we just have a flat track along the front so the curtains hang in front of the bay.
No-one can really see in here, we don't need blinds except for where the sun hits.
We have roller blinds in the kitchen, at both the window and the door, because that's where the early morning sun is and it's dazzling when it appears :D
Diflower

Postby Diflower » 02 Mar 2014, 16:29

miasmum wrote:They are nice Di. You can put teal with red and that would go nice with the dark brown as well

And today in the Marie Curie shop I found a lovely big teal cushion for all of £2.50 - and I checked and the cover's washable ;)
See I do take notice :D
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 02 Mar 2014, 17:18

8-) Lovely! :D
Kaz

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens