New curtains

For our homes and gardens

New curtains

Postby Diflower » 09 Feb 2014, 17:35

Our trip to the curtain shop was a success - even better since what we got was in the sale and, I've just found, cheaper than amazon :D
here

Partly what we chose was dictated by what was in the sale, and in the right size. They're for the French windows, so 90x90" which they didn't have many of. I liked these in the natural colourway, which they didn't have in the size, then Bb found a pair in the red.
After a lot of umming and aahing we decided to get them. Not much red will be on show until they're drawn, and just a few other dots of red should do it. Amazon did have the matching cushion covers so I've ordered two of those :)

So, what do you think, and what if any other colour can you put with red??
The two sofas (the other end of the room) are dark brown, as are the cushions on the dining chairs.
Diflower

Re: New curtains

Postby miasmum » 09 Feb 2014, 17:57

They are nice Di. You can put teal with red and that would go nice with the dark brown as well
miasmum

Postby Diflower » 09 Feb 2014, 17:59

Actually, I've answered myself, it won't need any other particular colour, will it? The room, I mean.

As it is, there's a big cream lamp with cream shade at the dining end, and the ceiling lights are cream.
The front window currently has thin, cream curtains and we're going to replace those with another cream pair.
The two matching cushion covers will do at the sitting end I reckon :)

You've answered as I was typing Mm :)
One other cushion has stripes of teal and red in it :)
Diflower

Postby molly » 09 Feb 2014, 19:11

They are lovely.
molly

Postby Osc » 09 Feb 2014, 19:16

Oh I like those!
Osc

Postby Kaz » 09 Feb 2014, 19:19

Teal, cream, grey, they all go with red. At the moment I have cream curtains, a red and cream throw and cushion, mixed up with the green and patterned cushions I had before. I rather like the red and green combo 8-)

I like those Di 8-) :D
Kaz

Postby Gal » 09 Feb 2014, 19:19

Very nice Di :D 8-)
Gal

Postby Diflower » 09 Feb 2014, 19:42

We were pleased because it's a nice injection of colour but still mostly cream.
This room will get painted this year, but the walls will still be a shade of cream. With two dark brown sofas you don't want to make anything darker :)
Yes pale grey would be an option Kaz, for other cushions maybe, with a little bit of red on.
Diflower

Postby Gal » 09 Feb 2014, 22:49

Your decor sounds quite similar to mine Di, lots of cream and neutrals - I introduced a bit of colour - red - with plain cushions and a tablecloth to go over an occasional table (I have since bought a nest of oak effect tables instead) and also a few red ornaments :)

I hope we can see the curtains once they are hung? ;)
Gal

Postby Diflower » 09 Feb 2014, 23:12

There's no real coherent theme Gal as we still have a lot of mis-matched furniture.
The dining table & chairs match the coffee table and a nest of tables, but apart from that we have all sorts. My old yew sideboard, a sideboard/display thing in dark wood that came from Bb's mum, the Tv/dvd/etc stands are pine (from the flat)...it all needs re-jigging :D
Diflower

Next

Return to Homes and Gardens