What's the best way

For our homes and gardens

Re: What's the best way

Postby JoM » 13 Jan 2013, 19:25

No wonder it took ages :lol:

The fridge freezer from hell which we have now and our last one, the bestest ever fridge freezer in the whole wide world and universe, are both frost-free. I could've cried last week, one of the nephews put a photo on Facebook of himself in their kitchen and there was my beautiful old but wouldn't fit in the fridge space in our new kitchen so we gave it to SIL fridge freezer looking gorgeous in the background :(

And The Charlatans and Johnny Marr one week later
JoM

Postby Kaz » 13 Jan 2013, 19:55

Aw Jo :lol: :lol: :lol: xxxxxxx
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 13 Jan 2013, 21:16

Aw Jo. Mine is frost free too
miasmum

Postby tonicha » 13 Jan 2013, 21:37

My "new" one is, but we needed something when we first moved over and bought the first thing we say :roll: same with the cooker, which has the worst oven in the world :o

It doesn't have anyway for me to gauge what the temperature is - it's either tepid, warm or warmer :roll: :roll:
tonicha

Postby JoM » 13 Jan 2013, 22:36

The wonderful old fridge wasn't particularly anything special. It was more fridge than freezer, the freezer had a shelf rather than drawers and it was 70cm wide. The kitchen here was fitted out for a 60cm one though and it was about two weeks before we moved here that I realised that the gap was too narrow so I had to find something that would fit. It was really hard to find one that had a bigger fridge than freezer but still had a decent sized freezer. This was the only one I could find. I thought it would be okay but the main problem with it is that it's got a water dispenser in the door which takes up a huge amount of the door space - in my old one I could fit loads of milk cartons, juice cartons and jars in the door but this one can hold just one 4 pint milk carton, a juice carton, about three jars depending on size and then there's the egg box thingy. Unless I want to go shopping for milk everyday (and I don't!!) then one shelf of the main fridge is entirely taken up with milk cartons and jars of various things take another half of a shelf.
I hate the freezer too as it's at the bottom and has drawers, I hate drawers in freezers and even though it's a larger space than my old freezer compartment I'm sure the drawers take up a lot of that room and therefore mean I can't fit so much in.
I thought I'd get used to it but no, I've had it almost two years now and I still turn the air blue when trying to fit everything in after shopping :roll: :lol:

JoM

Postby Kaz » 14 Jan 2013, 09:29

Jo when I chose my new fridge freezer I was seduced by the idea of a water dispenser where you press your glass against a lever on the outside of the door, and it fills with lovely ice cold water etc etc...............I hoped it would stop the kids nagging for bottled 8-) What I hadn't thought through, like you, was that this meant the inner container for the water would be taking up space in the door where otherwise I would fit bottles and large cartons of milk and juice :shock: :lol: :lol: So now I can barely fit one 2l bottle of milk and that's it! One juice carton on the other side of the water container and everything else has to go on its side........ :roll:

Oh and we don't bother using the dispenser as the kids reckon it "tastes funny" :evil: :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 14 Jan 2013, 17:23

The novelty wore off with our's too. I used to use a Brita jug in my old fridge but there was a choice of whether to have it in there, taking up shelf space.

JoM

Previous

Return to Homes and Gardens