Cordless vacuum cleaners

For our homes and gardens

Cordless vacuum cleaners

Postby debih » 05 May 2015, 16:04

Does anyone have one?

I am considering one but am concerned about the battery life.

I quite fancy the Dyson Animal as I like the way you can make it into a small hand held one for the stairs. As we have two flights of stairs it would make life easier.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Re: Cordless vacuum cleaners

Postby Kaz » 05 May 2015, 16:30

Mine is rechargeable, it sits on a docking station attached to the wall out in my utility and has 6 minutes of continuous use per charge. I love mine as no way can I manage to hoover the two flights of stairs we have here with my normal Dyson, it is far too heavy and awkward for me :roll: 6 minutes is easily enough 'life' to do what I need it to do :)

Mine isn't the animal one though, just the ordinary one , but it still does the handheld thing you mention ;) :)
Kaz

Postby Paddypix » 29 May 2015, 14:49

I've just come across this post Debih. I have the cordless Dyson DC34 Animal. I have the DC38 as well and it's used for the upstairs, but the little one with the 20 minute charge at low and 6 minutes at max is great for the ground floor. I wouldn't be without it and it's surprising how it seems to pull cat hair out of the rug which isn't visible on the surface. The way it converts to hand held for furniture or car is very handy.
Paddypix

Postby debih » 31 May 2015, 15:42

I got the DC44 in the end and I'm really pleased with it.

I couldnt use it on a mega clean day as it wouldn't hold its charge long enough but it would be used for the stairs.
It's great for just whizzing around on a daily basis though and really keeps the dog hairs down.

I haven't attacked the car or furniture with it but will be doing the mattresses when I change the beds.
debih

Postby Kaz » 31 May 2015, 17:46

Yes I tend to whizz round every day downstairs with mine - it's great for picking up tiny crunched bits of dog biscuit etc from the utility and kitchen floors, and fluff and hair from the carpet in the living room and literally only takes five minutes :) I do the stairs a couple of times a week with it :) It's also good for the curtains and blinds, using the brush attachment.

Then I use the big Dyson on the living room and bedroom carpets a couple of times a week, for a deep down 'go' 8-)
Kaz

Postby Gal » 01 Jun 2015, 08:30

:shock: :oops:

I hoover twice a week tops :oops: Only have a mahoosive Dyson though....stairs get done rarely tbh, too much faff.

I know, I am a domestic slut :oops: :lol: :lol:
Gal

Postby Kaz » 01 Jun 2015, 09:18

No, you just don't have two messy terriers careering about! :roll: :lol: Your house always looks very clean and tidy in photos, mine is a mess half the time :lol: My carpets are pretty well b*ggered to be honest, so the hoovering makes me feel better, but doesn't make them look much better :roll: :roll:
Kaz

Postby debih » 01 Jun 2015, 12:35

The reason I have to hoover so often is the dog, the kids and the husband.

If I lived my own I would never have to hoover again. Now, there's a thought................
debih

Postby Gal » 01 Jun 2015, 13:28

:lol:

Mightn't have the terriers but I do have a fluffy cat!! :lol: And a bloke who 'forgets' to remove shoes before walking right through the house, and leaves little 'bits' of sock fluff everywhere, not to mention mud occasionally :roll: There is a large dark patch right at the front of the settee and the main chair in the living room and that's all down to Tom I reckon, I have tried all sorts to get it out, professional cleaning, a Vax machine several times, yet still this dark patch glares at me.

I despair.
Gal

Postby Kaz » 01 Jun 2015, 14:41

:lol: :lol: Debih, Gal, we'd be fine if it wasn't for assorted fellas, dogs, cats, children :P :roll: :lol: :lol:

Never mind hoovering Deb, I hardly even need to make the bed when Mick's away - When he's here it looks like a whirling dervish has slept in our bed, when it's just me there's barely a ripple in the duvet! Toothpaste caps stay on, loo seats stay down, cupboard doors stay closed, laundry hampers fill themselves............. :P :lol: :lol:
Kaz

Return to Homes and Gardens