Just splashed out

For our homes and gardens

Re: Just splashed out

Postby Diflower » 25 Jun 2015, 09:59

Did you look at the main bit about the air rams or just the k9 bit Mm?

Apart from the weight (my current one is 2 kg more), the other advantages are the dog hair issue - huge problem - and the dust.
To get the hairs out of the brushes, which you have to do a lot, is a nightmare.
Tbh, I think unless you have back problems (plus shoulder in my case) then you probably can't quite imagine what a big deal hoovering is, and how different this one is x
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 25 Jun 2015, 11:01

2kg would make a big difference to me too ;) We are lucky on the dog hair issue, Fraggs sheds a little more than Pepper who doesn't shed at all really, but even so compared to Collie type dogs we are lucky!
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 25 Jun 2015, 11:30

Right, I've had it just over an hour :D

It's amazing; it twists and turns any and every which way with no effort whatsoever and sort of glides, no actual pushing/pulling involved at all :D
Just done most of the l/room plus kitchen and it's almost like just walking around the room - and of course no constant moving the cord round the furniture etc. It switches from carpet to hard floor without you doing anything and seems to do both as well as each other

Can't say the carpet looks better than with the vax, as that does hoover brilliantly, but only with a lot of effort plus those damned hairs. The kitchen floor is definitely better.
There are no hairs around the brushes :shock: Minnie's are up to 12-15" long, and much tougher than human hair too.
It only had a small amount of charge so it's doing that now - and I was able to easily carry it upstairs; I was banned from carrying the vax up there at all ;)

The multi-thingy will always be a bit heavy for me to use very much at a time - but now that I can hoover regularly again Bb will be able to do a lot of that.
Brill that it has an extension tube and hose, so you can do skirting boards etc while standing upright, and the little duster bit has done a good job of the pc tower and its fan covers (always covered in dust).
And being cordless really good for doing the car :)

It was really more the ladies on the fb group saying how impressed they were that got me interested, as several said they'd ditched their Dysons etc and were now able to do their own hoovering again.
I'm far from houseproud or fussy, but it's one of those things that has to be done, and if you can't do it, it gets to you ;)

I'd already decided I needed to get something else, but had hesitated over the Dysons, am just so glad one of those ladies posted about this.
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 25 Jun 2015, 16:52

Sounds amazing Di, just the job!!! It must be great to do stuff for yourself, rather than wait for Bry - however amenable he might be (and I'm sure he is!) it's not the same as just being able to get on with things when it suits you, is it? :D 8-) :D
Kaz

Postby miasmum » 25 Jun 2015, 17:01

It does sound amazing. I wasn't for one minute meaning you didn't need it Di, it just didn't sell itself as well as you have done
miasmum

Postby Diflower » 25 Jun 2015, 17:26

No, I know you weren't Mm - lol yes, I think the other ladies talked about its advantages better than the website too ;)

Very frustrating Kaz yes, and I'm sure there will still be days when I'm not feeling up to it, but when he has to be up, take Minnie out, have a shower, sort work out to be collected, then out by 9.30 I won't have to sit looking at the mucky floor :D
Days like today when he doesn't have to go out till after lunch I shall still let him know he needs the practise :lol:

He did upstairs before he left - obviously he wasn't quite as thrilled as I was but was impressed :)
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 25 Jun 2015, 18:23

:D :D :lol:
Kaz

Postby meriad » 26 Jun 2015, 08:58

Di, how is the brush coping with Minnie's hair? It's the one thing with my house is the cat fur, esp this time of year. I can sweep until the cows come home but between the fur and the bits and pieces of garden the cats bring in on their long fur isn't funny anymore.

I thankfully don't have a problem with the vacuuming itself, but I just don't have the space to leave my vacuum out for daily use; so something like this would be ideal as it's a lot more compact.
meriad

Postby Diflower » 26 Jun 2015, 10:54

On the main vacuum cleaner you mean? It's doing brilliantly, picks them all up easily and none stuck round the brushes - so far ;) And none left floating around the kitchen hard floor.
It's certainly a very small. neat m/c, like an electric carpet sweeper but more powerful, and you just plug in in to charge it.
But no tools, so you can't use it on sofas etc.

The multi thing has a main brush that's about 6", crevice tool, small brush for dusting, extension tube with brush on the end, and hose that extends from the handle.
Everything fits on top of the small brush so there's not lots of separate bits and pieces. I wouldn't want to use that for the floor, too small, but it's brill for the sofas/cushions/dog bed/doormats/skirtings, etc :)
Diflower

Postby meriad » 26 Jun 2015, 11:52

Thanks for that - may just save up for it. I only have the one large rug in the lounge; the rest of the flat is wooden floor so that one would be perfect.

x
meriad

PreviousNext

Return to Homes and Gardens